Simon Marlow | 21 Jul 15:53 2013
Picon

Parallel and Concurrent Programming in Haskell (O'Reilly) is out!

I'm pleased to announce that my book, "Parallel and Concurrent
Programming in Haskell" (O'Reilly) is now available in ebook formats
(epub, mobi, PDF) from O'Reilly:

   http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920026365.do

The print version is due very shortly (1-2 weeks I believe), and can be
pre-ordered.  The book is also on Amazon, and you can get the Kindle
version right now:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Parallel-Concurrent-Programming-Haskell-ebook/dp/B00DWJ1BIG/ref=tmm_kin_title_0

The sample code is also up on Hackage:

   http://hackage.haskell.org/package/parconc-examples

There will be a Creative Commons version available soon, but I have some
more work to do to make that happen, so bear with me.

Many thanks to all those who have helped in one way or another - see the
Acknowledgements section for the full list.  It's taken a bit longer
than I expected, and there have been quite a few late nights along the
way.  I hope you enjoy the book, and I look forward to hearing all the
feedback.  Cheers :)

Simon
David Leimbach | 21 Jul 16:01 2013
Picon

Re: Parallel and Concurrent Programming in Haskell (O'Reilly) is out!

Congrats!  Read samples a month or so back and it looks very good!  I recommend it highly and it's been the
conversation topic during a few lunches at work (and we are a C shop mostly)

Sent from my iPhone