Alan Schmitt | 4 Dec 09:56 2013

PLMW: Mentoring at POPL. Second Call for Participation

Students! You less than have one week left to apply for funding to come
to both POPL and PLMW!

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

SIGPLAN Programming Languages Mentoring Workshop, San Diego, USA

Tuesday January 21, 2014

Co-located with POPL 2014

PLMW web page: http://plmw2014.inria.fr/

After the resounding success of the first two Programming Languages
Mentoring Workshops at POPL 2012 and POPL 2013, we proudly announce the
3rd SIGPLAN Programming Languages Mentoring Workshop (PLMW), co-located
with POPL 2014 and organised by Amal Ahmed, Benjamin C. Pierce, and Alan
Schmitt.

The purpose of this mentoring workshop is to encourage graduate
students and senior undergraduate students to pursue careers in
programming language research. This workshop will provide technical
sessions on cutting-edge research in programming languages, and
mentoring sessions on how to prepare for a research career. We will
bring together leaders in programming language research from academia
and industry to give talks on their research areas. The workshop will
engage students in a process of imagining how they might contribute to
our research community.

We especially encourage women and underrepresented minority students