Dominic Steinitz | 26 Dec 19:14 2012

Is there a workaround for this bug?

AFAICT this bug fix http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/7239 did not make it into 7.6.1. Also I
am happily working on the Haskell Platform with 7.4.1 and I'd rather avoid upgrading if possible.

Is there a workaround? I've attached my code below along with the error message (which is the same as in the
above bug report). I'm rather hoping I won't have to build HEAD.

Thanks, Dominic.

bash-3.2$ ghc -fext-core --make Test.hs
[1 of 1] Compiling Main             ( Test.hs, Test.o )
ghc: panic! (the 'impossible' happened)
 (GHC version 7.4.1 for x86_64-apple-darwin):
	MkExternalCore died: make_lit

{-# LANGUAGE FlexibleContexts #-}

{-# OPTIONS_GHC -Wall -fno-warn-name-shadowing -fno-warn-type-defaults #-}

import Data.Array.Repa as Repa
import Data.Array.Repa.Eval
import Control.Monad

r, sigma, k, t, xMax, deltaX, deltaT :: Double
m, n :: Int
r = 0.05
sigma = 0.2
k = 50.0
t = 3.0
m = 80
xMax = 150
(Continue reading)

Simon Peyton-Jones | 1 Jan 20:48 2013
Picon

RE: Is there a workaround for this bug?

I think the patch did get into 7.6.2 (which is about to be released) though.

I don't think there's a workaround, except by not using External Core, or not using Integer literals (use
Ints?).  Sorry.

Simon

Dominic Steinitz | 1 Jan 21:30 2013

Re: Is there a workaround for this bug?

Thanks - I'll probably wait for the next release.

On 1 Jan 2013, at 19:48, Simon Peyton-Jones <simonpj <at> microsoft.com> wrote:

> I think the patch did get into 7.6.2 (which is about to be released) though.
>
> I don't think there's a workaround, except by not using External Core, or not using Integer literals (use
Ints?).  Sorry.

> Simon

Roman Cheplyaka | 1 Jan 21:51 2013

Re: Is there a workaround for this bug?

Hi Dom,

I can confirm that your example compiles (with minimal adjustments)
under GHC 7.6.2 RC1. You can get it here:

http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/7.6.2-rc1/

Roman

* Dominic Steinitz <dominic <at> steinitz.org> [2013-01-01 20:30:10+0000]