Conal Elliott | 30 Dec 20:55 2012
Picon

Suppress "Duplicate constraints" warning?

Is there a way to suppress GHC's "Duplicate constraints" warning? I'm auto-generating some code, and it's a lot more convenient for me to leave the duplicates than filter them out.

-- Conal
Mario Blažević | 31 Dec 16:25 2012

Re: Suppress "Duplicate constraints" warning?

On 12-12-30 02:55 PM, Conal Elliott wrote:
> Is there a way to suppress GHC's "Duplicate constraints" warning? I'm
> auto-generating some code, and it's a lot more convenient for me to
> leave the duplicates than filter them out.

	I second the question. In my case the code is neither generated nor
contains any literal duplicate constraints, but I'm still getting the
warning.
Simon Peyton-Jones | 31 Dec 18:24 2012
Picon

RE: Suppress "Duplicate constraints" warning?

|  	I second the question. In my case the code is neither generated nor
|  contains any literal duplicate constraints, but I'm still getting the
|  warning.

If you think there's a bug (a warning for something that isn't true), by all means submit a bug report.

Simon
Simon Peyton-Jones | 31 Dec 18:27 2012
Picon

RE: Suppress "Duplicate constraints" warning?

Hmm.  Actually there isn’t a flag to suppress it, I’m afraid. Would you like me to add one? (It would be easy to do.)

Simon

Is there a way to suppress GHC's "Duplicate constraints" warning? I'm auto-generating some code, and it's a lot more convenient for me to leave the duplicates than filter them out.

-- Conal

Conal Elliott | 3 Jan 20:55 2013
Picon

Re: Suppress "Duplicate constraints" warning?

Yes, please do add a flag to suppress this duplicate constraints warning, e.g., "-fno-warn-duplicate-constraints".

Thanks!  -- Conal

Hmm.  Actually there isn’t a flag to suppress it, I’m afraid. Would you like me to add one? (It would be easy to do.)

Simon

Is there a way to suppress GHC's "Duplicate constraints" warning? I'm auto-generating some code, and it's a lot more convenient for me to leave the duplicates than filter them out.

-- Conal

Conal Elliott | 3 Jan 20:56 2013
Picon

Re: Suppress "Duplicate constraints" warning?

Oh! I see it's already done. Thanks much!