Vikraman | 16 Jan 10:11 2013
Picon

Master thesis

Hi, I am looking to hack on ghc/haskell for my master thesis. What are some
areas that I should be looking into?

Any suggestions are welcome.
Tim Watson | 16 Jan 11:39 2013
Picon

Re: Master thesis

Shameless plug: Cloud Haskell. See the links below for a list of open issues, some really complex, some
really simple. Not sure if any are suitable for a master thesis, but feel free to look and see if there's
anything meaty enough.

https://github.com/haskell-distributed/distributed-process/issues
https://github.com/haskell-distributed/distributed-process-platform/issues
https://github.com/haskell-distributed/distributed-process-platform/wiki/Contributing (same
guidelines apply for both projects)

Versioning and conversion of serialized types (between versions) would be a boon to us if you could think of
a neat way to do that. It would also come in handy for dphd I'm sure - see distributed-process-static and
https://github.com/haskell-distributed/distributed-process/issues/106 for some of the reasons
why we might want that.