migmit | 23 Mar 00:00 2013
Picon

Compiled code

Suppose I compiled some module and kept it's .hi and .o files. Is it possible to use this module in my program
if the source code was deleted for some reason?

Seems like the answer is "yes" — by creating a fake .hs file (with no real content) and touch-in .hi and .o
files I tricked ghc so that it didn't attempt to recompile the module, so the information in .hi and .o files
is sufficient. But ghc insists on having the .hs file around, and I didn't find a way to turn it off. Is there
any? Or there is a specific reason not to have it?