Roman Cheplyaka | 12 Aug 11:20 2013

Log exceptions to eventlog

Hi,

Is there any way to log asynchronous exceptions to the eventlog,
including information on which thread sent the exception and to which
thread it was sent?

Or are there any other ways to get this information?

Roman
Simon Marlow | 13 Aug 16:53 2013
Picon

Re: Log exceptions to eventlog

On 12/08/13 10:20, Roman Cheplyaka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to log asynchronous exceptions to the eventlog,
> including information on which thread sent the exception and to which
> thread it was sent?

You can insert events yourself using Debug.Trace.traceEventIO.  Adding
some built-in events for throwTo would be a good idea, we don't
currently have that (you could try adding it yourself if you like, it's
not too hard).

Cheers,
	Simon

> Or are there any other ways to get this information?
>
> Roman

Roman Cheplyaka | 13 Aug 17:04 2013

Re: Log exceptions to eventlog

Hi Simon,

The bug I'm looking into ([1]) is caused by the exceptions thrown by the
RTS, namely NonTermination and BlockedIndefinitelyOnSTM.

(It probably doesn't make sense to ask *who* sent the exception, but I'd
still like to know to whom they were sent and when.)

So simply modifying throwTo doesn't seem to be an option here (unless it
is also used by the RTS?).

[1]: https://github.com/feuerbach/tasty/issues/15

Roman

* Simon Marlow <marlowsd <at> gmail.com> [2013-08-13 15:53:46+0100]