Luke Iannini | 26 Jan 11:23 2014
Picon

GHC iOS ARMv7/ARMv7s fat support completed

Hi folks,

Happy to report that I've finished an approach to armv7/armv7s fat compilation, just in time for 7.8's imminent release.

You'll find the necessary scripts here:

and the latest instructions for building GHC for iOS usage here:

I've also added support for a perf-cross BuildFlavour, which will give a higher-performance and profiling-ready build that matches what we'll be putting together as the official 7.8 GHC iOS binaries:

Cheers
Luke
Schell Scivally | 26 Jan 19:33 2014
Picon

Re: [Haskell-iPhone] GHC iOS ARMv7/ARMv7s fat support completed

Awesome! I'll be spinning this up soon.

Happy to report that I've finished an approach to armv7/armv7s fat compilation, just in time for 7.8's imminent release.

You'll find the necessary scripts here:

and the latest instructions for building GHC for iOS usage here:

I've also added support for a perf-cross BuildFlavour, which will give a higher-performance and profiling-ready build that matches what we'll be putting together as the official 7.8 GHC iOS binaries:

Cheers
Luke

Schell Scivally
http://blog.efnx.com
http://github.com/schell
http://twitter.com/schellsan
Austin Seipp | 30 Jan 14:26 2014
Picon

Re: [Haskell-iPhone] GHC iOS ARMv7/ARMv7s fat support completed

Hi Luke,

Thanks, I have merged your patch. I also pushed a change to fix the
use of __thread on iOS (since it's unsupported.) Hopefully HEAD is
working well now.

(And as a reminder for #8700 - if you don't set the ticket to 'patch'
status, it's really unlikely I'm going to see it any time soon.)