Jens Petersen | 10 Feb 02:49 2014

RHEL/EPEL 5 ghc packages

Hi,

I wanted to mention some newer ghc builds I have made for RHEL5.

EPEL5 currently has ghc-6.12.3 in stable, but I have built
ghc-7.0.4 which has been in EPEL5 testing now for over a month.
The update also includes cabal-install.  I am planning to push it to
stable this month but I wanted to mention it first here as a heads-up.

Please report any problems with this in bugzilla:

Jens

ps Additionally I have a new ghc-7.4.2 repo for EPEL5
(which should also work on RHEL6) and includes haskell-platform:

which is a backport from Fedora 19.
Please report any problems with this directly to me.

pps Later this year I plan to backport ghc-7.4.2 officially to EPEL6.
Carter Schonwald | 10 Feb 03:27 2014
Picon

Re: RHEL/EPEL 5 ghc packages

please holler if you need help backporting 7.6 and 7.8 please :)

I wanted to mention some newer ghc builds I have made for RHEL5.

EPEL5 currently has ghc-6.12.3 in stable, but I have built
ghc-7.0.4 which has been in EPEL5 testing now for over a month.
The update also includes cabal-install.  I am planning to push it to
stable this month but I wanted to mention it first here as a heads-up.

Please report any problems with this in bugzilla:

Jens

ps Additionally I have a new ghc-7.4.2 repo for EPEL5
(which should also work on RHEL6) and includes haskell-platform:

which is a backport from Fedora 19.
Please report any problems with this directly to me.

pps Later this year I plan to backport ghc-7.4.2 officially to EPEL6.

Jens Petersen | 10 Feb 06:19 2014

Re: RHEL/EPEL 5 ghc packages

please holler if you need help backporting 7.6 and 7.8 please :)
It would be good to have repos for those too, I agree.

What I would like to do in the future is to use Software Collections [1]
to provide multiple versions of ghc, etc for RHEL in particular.
With RHEL's long lifetime, providing just a single version of ghc
seems inadequate.  This should provide more flexibility and
allow people to choose whether they want to use new ghc
or to stick with an older version, or both. :)