Samuel Bronson | 12 Mar 00:38 2008
Picon

darcs patch: Convenience command :recompile for GHCi usage; accompa...

Tue Mar 11 19:36:21 EDT 2008  Samuel Bronson <naesten <at> gmail.com>
  * Convenience command :recompile for GHCi usage; accompanying Makefile.am changes
John Meacham | 12 Mar 19:49 2008
Picon

Re: darcs patch: Convenience command :recompile for GHCi usage; accompa...

Thanks for the patch, but could you resubmit it with the .ghci file in
'utils' as a non-hidden file? I don't like having hidden files in the
repo and people can just ln -s it to .ghci if they want it. (that and I,
and probably others, already have a customized .ghci in my project directory)

this is in line with

utils/grin.vim - syntax highlighting for grin code
utils/debug.gdb - gdb macros for deconstructing and printing thunks on
the heap.

perhaps calling it something like utils/ghci.rc ? hmm.. utils/jhc.ghci?
or whatever seems best to you.

        John

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 07:38:46PM -0400, Samuel Bronson wrote:
> Tue Mar 11 19:36:21 EDT 2008  Samuel Bronson <naesten <at> gmail.com>
>   * Convenience command :recompile for GHCi usage; accompanying Makefile.am changes

> New patches:
>
> [Convenience command :recompile for GHCi usage; accompanying Makefile.am changes
> Samuel Bronson <naesten <at> gmail.com>**20080311233621] {
> addfile ./.ghci
> hunk ./.ghci 1
> +:def recompile \_ -> return . unlines $ [":!make built-sources", ":reload"]
> hunk ./Makefile.am 193
(Continue reading)

Samuel Bronson | 12 Mar 21:28 2008

On 3/12/08, John Meacham <john <at> repetae.net> wrote:
> Thanks for the patch, but could you resubmit it with the .ghci file in
> 'utils' as a non-hidden file? I don't like having hidden files in the
> repo and people can just ln -s it to .ghci if they want it. (that and I,
> and probably others, already have a customized .ghci in my project directory)

How about utils/recompile.ghci? It is, after all, a .ghci file...
John Meacham | 12 Mar 21:35 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 03:28:23PM -0500, Samuel Bronson wrote:
> On 3/12/08, John Meacham <john <at> repetae.net> wrote:
> > Thanks for the patch, but could you resubmit it with the .ghci file in
> > 'utils' as a non-hidden file? I don't like having hidden files in the
> > repo and people can just ln -s it to .ghci if they want it. (that and I,
> > and probably others, already have a customized .ghci in my project directory)
>
> How about utils/recompile.ghci? It is, after all, a .ghci file...

sounds good to me. Hmm.. I should make a ghci.vim syntax highlighting mode
sometime...

        John

John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈

Gmane