Mark Lentczner | 1 Oct 17:03 2012
Picon

package versions tacked down, buildin' time....

We've entered the build phase of the next Haskell Platform release, 2012.4.0.0:
  • October 1st, 2012 - Proposals decided, Initial version list
  • October 15th, 2012 - First candidates
  • October 29th, 2012 - Open issues resolved, Second candidates
  • November 5th, 2012 - Final release candidates
  • November 12th, 2012  - Release, Party
The proposed package and version list has been pushed to the pre-release branch of the repo.

New packages:
  • async - 2.0.1.3
  • split - 0.2.1.1
  • vector - 0.10
Note that vector will induce primitive 0.5, but we won't consider that part of the platform, letting it just be pulled in by cabal during the build. GHC already has several packages in this category (binary, ghc-prim), and I hope to have a more consistent method of treating such packages next time around.

If you are a packager or builder of HP releases: Almost time to start building. There is now yet a new bug in the Build.hs script, (it is very sensitive to the exact version of cabal), and I'm working on it...

- Mark "mzero" Lentczner, Chef de la Release

Mark Lentczner | 3 Oct 08:26 2012
Picon

Re: package versions tacked down, buildin' time....

Latest change set in the pre-release branch will now build the RC1 version of Haskell Platform 2012.4.0.0.

Changes:
  • down versioned network to 2.3.1.0 as cabal-install 0.14.0 requires network < 2.4
  • added primitives == 0.5 to the .cabal file, as at present this is how it ends up in the source tar ball, and it is needed by vector. (yes, I realize the "it's in the HP distros, but not officially part of HP" is an infelicity)
There are pre-release versions of the source tarball and mac 32-bit installer here on my website.

- Mark