Bram Neijt | 13 Nov 20:11 2012
Picon

Cabal: download dependencies for later offline build

Dear reader,

I'm experimenting with creating my own little build server using disk images as job input/output and KVM to run them[1].

As a security measure, the build process does not have any network access during the build, so I need to make sure everything is available before the build starts.

What is the easiest way to "take a cabal build offline" as it were, so I can make sure a cabal build will work without a network connection?

Greetings,

Bram

Henning Thielemann | 13 Nov 20:14 2012
Picon

Re: Cabal: download dependencies for later offline build

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012, Bram Neijt wrote:

> Dear reader,
> I'm experimenting with creating my own little build server using disk images as job input/output and KVM to
> run them[1].
>
> As a security measure, the build process does not have any network access during the build, so I need to
> make sure everything is available before the build starts.
>
> What is the easiest way to "take a cabal build offline" as it were, so I can make sure a cabal build will
> work without a network connection?

cabal fetch
Bram Neijt | 14 Nov 22:34 2012
Picon

Re: Cabal: download dependencies for later offline build

I can't believe I missed that option when looking at the help. Thank you!

Bram