Bas van Dijk | 19 Nov 16:18 2012
Picon

Proposal: Add Functor instances for ArgOrder, OptDescr and ArgDescr

Hello,

I recently needed Functor instances for the types in System.Console.GetOpt.

Note that the test-framework package also defines[1] these instances.

Discussion deadline: 1 week (I assume this is a no-brainer).

Regards,

Bas

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/test-framework/0.6.1/doc/html/src/Test-Framework-Runners-Console.html
Attachment (GetOpt_Functor_instances.patch): application/octet-stream, 1742 bytes
Erik Hesselink | 19 Nov 16:30 2012
Picon

Re: Proposal: Add Functor instances for ArgOrder, OptDescr and ArgDescr

+1, I've defined these a couple of times as well.

I recently needed Functor instances for the types in System.Console.GetOpt.

Note that the test-framework package also defines[1] these instances.

Discussion deadline: 1 week (I assume this is a no-brainer).

Regards,

Bas

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/test-framework/0.6.1/doc/html/src/Test-Framework-Runners-Console.html

Henning Thielemann | 19 Nov 16:40 2012

On Mon, 19 Nov 2012, Erik Hesselink wrote:

> +1, I've defined these a couple of times as well.

http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/libraries/2011-November/017193.html

So, +1 from me.
Edward Kmett | 19 Nov 18:08 2012
Picon

Re: Proposal: Add Functor instances for ArgOrder, OptDescr and ArgDescr

+1

I recently needed Functor instances for the types in System.Console.GetOpt.

Note that the test-framework package also defines[1] these instances.

Discussion deadline: 1 week (I assume this is a no-brainer).

Regards,

Bas

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/test-framework/0.6.1/doc/html/src/Test-Framework-Runners-Console.html

Bas van Dijk | 4 Dec 23:44 2012

On 19 November 2012 16:18, Bas van Dijk <v.dijk.bas <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently needed Functor instances for the types in System.Console.GetOpt.
>
> Note that the test-framework package also defines[1] these instances.
>
> Discussion deadline: 1 week (I assume this is a no-brainer).
>
> Regards,
>
> Bas
>
> [1] http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/test-framework/0.6.1/doc/html/src/Test-Framework-Runners-Console.html

4 +1s and no -1s so lets merge it: