Henning Thielemann | 23 Mar 00:11 2013
Picon

instance Arbitrary Data.Map

It seems like the 'containers' package uses QuickCheck for testing, but
does not export an Arbitrary Data.Map instance. Is this intended?
Johan Tibell | 23 Mar 00:31 2013
Picon

Re: instance Arbitrary Data.Map

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Henning Thielemann <lemming <at> henning-thielemann.de> wrote:

It seems like the 'containers' package uses QuickCheck for testing, but does not export an Arbitrary Data.Map instance. Is this intended?

We don't want the container package to depend on QuickCheck (except for the test-suite section) so, yes.

Antoine Latter | 1 Jun 05:19 2013
Picon

Re: instance Arbitrary Data.Map

Sorry for resurecting an old thread -

I try to keep http://hackage.haskell.org/package/quickcheck-instances
up to date with orphan QuickCheck instances for types in the Haskell
Platform.

Since it has gobs of orphan instances it's not really suitable for use
as a library or tool dependency.

Although if you're using automated tools to keep your test-suites
passing, it might be hard to keep the dependencies in the
'quickcheck-instances' up-to-date so your test-suite can build.

In summary - I'm not sure its a sustainable model, but I'm giving it a try.