Casey McCann | 22 May 21:01 2013
Picon

Votes for generalizing mapM &c.

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 8:12 AM, Ian Lynagh <ian <at> well-typed.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 11:49:29AM +0800, John Lato wrote:
>>
>> I suggest that we start a poll for a single, concrete proposal.  If the
>> poll forum is by email or similar, I further suggest that replies be
>> limited strictly to +1/-1.

Here are the current totals by my count, ignoring any 0s:

> * Generalise Prelude.mapM etc

+13 / -0

> * Remove Prelude.mapM etc

+1 / -11

> * Add more monomorphic variants to Prelude (e.g. whenJust)

+0 / -12

> * Nothing

+0 / -13

- C.
Edward Kmett | 22 May 21:23 2013
Picon

Re: Votes for generalizing mapM &c.

There is also a poll with er.. somewhat biased wording that was being floated around the #haskell channel that has received 100+ responses if you want a broader spectrum response, even if its not very scientific.

-Edward

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 3:01 PM, Casey McCann <cam <at> uptoisomorphism.net> wrote:
On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 8:12 AM, Ian Lynagh <ian <at> well-typed.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 11:49:29AM +0800, John Lato wrote:
>>
>> I suggest that we start a poll for a single, concrete proposal.  If the
>> poll forum is by email or similar, I further suggest that replies be
>> limited strictly to +1/-1.

Here are the current totals by my count, ignoring any 0s:

> * Generalise Prelude.mapM etc

+13 / -0

> * Remove Prelude.mapM etc

+1 / -11

> * Add more monomorphic variants to Prelude (e.g. whenJust)

+0 / -12

> * Nothing

+0 / -13

- C.