hsyl20 . | 27 Sep 19:55 2013
Picon

Missing Traversable instances

Hi,

I would like to use a Traversable instance for "Either e". I have read it is a recurrent demand [1][2] to integrate it in base. Could we do it for the next release?

Thanks
Sylvain

[1] http://haskell.1045720.n5.nabble.com/Proposal-Add-the-missing-instances-for-Traversable-Either-b-and-Traversable-b-td5715398.html

[2] http://osdir.com/ml/libraries <at> haskell.org/2011-01/msg00325.html
John Wiegley | 27 Sep 23:22 2013

Re: Missing Traversable instances

> I would like to use a Traversable instance for "Either e". I have read it is a
> recurrent demand [1][2] to integrate it in base. Could we do it for the next
> release?

++

John Wiegley
FP Complete                         Haskell tools, training and consulting
http://fpcomplete.com               johnw on #haskell/irc.freenode.net
Edward Kmett | 27 Sep 23:26 2013
Picon

Re: Missing Traversable instances

You're all set. We've had it inside HEAD for a couple of months.

instance Traversable (Either a) -- Defined in ‛Data.Traversable’

-Edward

I would like to use a Traversable instance for "Either e". I have read it is a recurrent demand [1][2] to integrate it in base. Could we do it for the next release?

Thanks
Sylvain

[1] http://haskell.1045720.n5.nabble.com/Proposal-Add-the-missing-instances-for-Traversable-Either-b-and-Traversable-b-td5715398.html

[2] http://osdir.com/ml/libraries <at> haskell.org/2011-01/msg00325.html