Mark Lentczner | 3 Jun 18:24 2012
Picon

Announce: Haskell Platform 2012.2.0.0

We're pleased to announce the next release of Haskell Platform:
a single, standard Haskell distribution for everyone.

Download Haskell Platform 2012.2.0.0:

    http://haskell.org/platform/

The specification, along with installers (including Windows,
Macintosh, and Unix installers for a full Haskell environment) are
available.

Notable version changes with this release:

    ghc   7.4.1
    cabal 1.14  & cabal-install 0.14
    mtl   2.1.1 & transformers  0.3.0.0
    alex  3.0.1

    full package and version list:
    http://hackage.haskell.org/platform/changelog.html

Thanks to:
    Joachim Breitner, George Colpitts, Duncan Coutts, Jason Dagit,
    Chris Dornan, Yitzchak Gale, Mikhail Glushenkov, Andres Löh,
    Gábor Páli, Jens Petersen, Don Stewart, David Terei,
    Johan Tibell, & Mark Wright
for their efforts and help in putting together this release.

-- The Platform Infrastructure Team
   Mark Lentczner, release manager
(Continue reading)

Sean Leather | 3 Jun 18:46 2012
Picon

Re: [Haskell-cafe] Announce: Haskell Platform 2012.2.0.0

On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 6:24 PM, Mark Lentczner wrote:

We're pleased to announce the next release of Haskell Platform:
a single, standard Haskell distribution for everyone.

Awesome! Congratulations!

Download Haskell Platform 2012.2.0.0:

   http://haskell.org/platform/

It's a relatively minor thing, but I noticed that the above URL redirects to


which is incidentally considered a different URL from


by Google's +1 service. Perhaps not surprisingly, http://haskell.org/platform redirects to the latter, single-/ Hackage URL.

Regards,
Sean
_______________________________________________
Libraries mailing list
Libraries <at> haskell.org
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/libraries
Jens Petersen | 4 Jun 03:16 2012

Re: [Haskell-cafe] Announce: Haskell Platform 2012.2.0.0

Congratulations on the release!

Thank you for all the hard work and great to see it come
out in this timely manner. :-)

> It's a relatively minor thing, but I noticed that the above URL redirects to
>
>    http://hackage.haskell.org/platform//
>
> which is incidentally considered a different URL from
>
>    http://hackage.haskell.org/platform/
>
> by Google's +1 service. Perhaps not surprisingly,
> http://haskell.org/platform redirects to the latter, single-/ Hackage URL.

I can reproduce this with Chrome, but not Firefox.

Equally surprising to me is that the number of slashes
also seems to affect the CSS presentation of the website
in Chrome.

// seems to give the Summer theme,
whereas / gives the Winter one!

Kind of weird.  Anyway I agree it would be better to avoid
the superfluous slashes if possible.

I am going build HP 2012.2 for Fedora 18 soon but
the first proper build may be after ghc-7.4.2 is released.

Jens

_______________________________________________
Haskell-platform mailing list
Haskell-platform <at> projects.haskell.org
http://projects.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/haskell-platform
Chris Wong | 4 Jun 06:20 2012
Picon

Re: [Haskell-cafe] Announce: Haskell Platform 2012.2.0.0

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 1:16 PM, Jens Petersen
<juhp <at> community.haskell.org> wrote:
> Congratulations on the release!
> Equally surprising to me is that the number of slashes
> also seems to affect the CSS presentation of the website
> in Chrome.
>
> // seems to give the Summer theme,
> whereas / gives the Winter one!
>
> Kind of weird.  Anyway I agree it would be better to avoid
> the superfluous slashes if possible.

Your browser might be caching the file. Try pressing Ctrl-F5 on the winter page.

> I am going build HP 2012.2 for Fedora 18 soon but
> the first proper build may be after ghc-7.4.2 is released.
>
> Jens
>
> _______________________________________________
> Haskell-Cafe mailing list
> Haskell-Cafe <at> haskell.org
> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe

_______________________________________________
Haskell-platform mailing list
Haskell-platform <at> projects.haskell.org
http://projects.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/haskell-platform
Jens Petersen | 4 Jun 03:39 2012

Re: [Haskell-cafe] Announce: Haskell Platform 2012.2.0.0

(Sorry, I only meant to post to the platform list.)

On 4 June 2012 10:16, Jens Petersen <juhp@...> wrote:
> Equally surprising to me is that the number of slashes
> also seems to affect the CSS presentation of the website
> in Chrome.
>
> // seems to give the Summer theme,
> whereas / gives the Winter one!

I better take this part back: it may well have been some browser
caching issue. :-|  (Thanks, Arlen.)  After some Ctrl-Shift-R's I
can't reproduce any more, so please ignore this bit.
Chris Wong | 4 Jun 06:25 2012
Picon

Re: [Haskell-cafe] Announce: Haskell Platform 2012.2.0.0

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 1:16 PM, Jens Petersen
<juhp@...> wrote:
> Congratulations on the release!
> Equally surprising to me is that the number of slashes
> also seems to affect the CSS presentation of the website
> in Chrome.
>
> // seems to give the Summer theme,
> whereas / gives the Winter one!
>
> Kind of weird.  Anyway I agree it would be better to avoid
> the superfluous slashes if possible.

Your browser might be caching the file. Try pressing Ctrl-F5 on the
winter page to force a reload.

> I am going build HP 2012.2 for Fedora 18 soon but
> the first proper build may be after ghc-7.4.2 is released.
>
> Jens
>
> _______________________________________________
> Haskell-Cafe mailing list
> Haskell-Cafe@...
> http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-cafe
Matthias Kilian | 3 Jun 22:05 2012
Picon

Re: Announce: Haskell Platform 2012.2.0.0

On Sun, Jun 03, 2012 at 09:24:42AM -0700, Mark Lentczner wrote:
> We're pleased to announce the next release of Haskell Platform:
> a single, standard Haskell distribution for everyone.
> 
> Download Haskell Platform 2012.2.0.0:
> 
>     http://haskell.org/platform/
> 
> The specification, along with installers (including Windows,
> Macintosh, and Unix installers for a full Haskell environment) are
> available.

The link to the cabal file in the changelog points to github.com,
while the previous version was (a darcs repository) on code.haskell.org.

Is there any chance to either also update the latter, too? Or just
to remove it and decide on where the official haskell-platform.cabal
file will reside in the future?

Ciao,
	Kili
Joachim Breitner | 3 Jun 20:33 2012
Picon

Re: Announce: Haskell Platform 2012.2.0.0

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 03.06.2012, 09:24 -0700 schrieb Mark Lentczner:
> We're pleased to announce the next release of Haskell Platform:
> a single, standard Haskell distribution for everyone.

Uploaded to Debian:
http://packages.qa.debian.org/h/haskell-platform/news/20120603T174911Z.html

Greetings,
Joachim
--

-- 
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
Debian Developer
  nomeata@... | ICQ# 74513189 | GPG-Keyid: 4743206C
  JID: nomeata@... | http://people.debian.org/~nomeata
_______________________________________________
Haskell-platform mailing list
Haskell-platform@...
http://projects.haskell.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/haskell-platform
PÁLI Gábor János | 4 Jun 21:28 2012

Re: Announce: Haskell Platform 2012.2.0.0

On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 8:33 PM, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@...> wrote:
> Uploaded to Debian:
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/h/haskell-platform/news/20120603T174911Z.html

It has also hit the FreeBSD Ports Collection yesterday:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/cvs-ports/2012-June/243844.html
Jens Petersen | 6 Jun 04:36 2012
Picon

Re: Announce: Haskell Platform 2012.2.0.0

On 4 June 2012 01:24, Mark Lentczner <mark.lentczner@...> wrote:
> We're pleased to announce the next release of Haskell Platform:
> a single, standard Haskell distribution for everyone.

Thanks

I finally managed to get my new monolithic Fedora build with
subpackaging working.
Haskell Platform might be the hardest package I have ever subpackaged...
Then again I don't think anyone else subpackages ghc fully?

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=4131404

The build takes about 20 minutes but that is still a lot faster
then building all the packages individually in the buildsystem.

My hope is that using the monolithic package will make
it easier to bootstrap for ghc updates and to test and experiment
with HP in the future.  But I still haven't made a final decision
yet on changing Fedora 18 to use the single source package.

The binary packages are available at
http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/scratch/petersen/task_4131404/
or you can rebuild the src rpm locally if you wish to test it.

Jens
Jens Petersen | 8 Jun 09:54 2012
Picon

Re: Announce: Haskell Platform 2012.2.0.0

On 6 June 2012 11:36, Jens Petersen wrote:
> I finally managed to get my new monolithic Fedora build with
> subpackaging working.
> Haskell Platform might be the hardest package I have ever subpackaged...

The monolithic package is now checked into the master branch of Fedora
package git:
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=haskell-platform.git;a=tree

Latest test build which should actually be sane and install correctly is:
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=4139615

> My hope is that using the monolithic package will make
> it easier to bootstrap for ghc updates and to test and experiment
> with HP in the future.

I am hoping to build the package into F18 Rawhide next week probably
after updating some more packages in git and testing first.

Jens
heronote | 25 Jun 10:43 2012
Picon

Re: Announce: Haskell Platform 2012.2.0.0

Free Haskell eBook:

http://www.heronote.com/files/Haskell.htm
heronote | 25 Jun 10:29 2012
Picon

Re: Announce: Haskell Platform 2012.2.0.0

Free Haskell ebook update:

http://www.heronote.com/files/Haskell.htm

Gmane