Lennart Augustsson | 16 Nov 20:51 2010
Picon

Re: Add haskell-src as an official machine-readable component of the Haskell standard

Please explain.  Fixity information cannot be provided unless you find
all the imported modules and process those, so I'm not sure how
haskell-src-exts could do any better than it currently does.

> (Examples of controversies possible in haskell-src: we have the Hs
> prefix on constructors everywhere, we can't provide fixity information
> (and the haskell-src-exts implementation of this is unsatisfactory in
> several important ways), a lot of type class instances are absent
> (even Ord!), the distribution of SrcLocs is a little awkward when
> manipulating source abstractly, and some constructors allow impossible
> values, e.g. HsLambda can contain zero patterns)
Ben Millwood | 17 Nov 00:22 2010
Picon

Re: Add haskell-src as an official machine-readable component of the Haskell standard

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 7:51 PM, Lennart Augustsson
<lennart@...> wrote:
> Please explain.  Fixity information cannot be provided unless you find
> all the imported modules and process those, so I'm not sure how
> haskell-src-exts could do any better than it currently does.

The tickets I had in mind were:

http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-src-exts/ticket/197
http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-src-exts/ticket/191

and this one I've just submitted:

http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-src-exts/ticket/207
Niklas Broberg | 17 Nov 08:58 2010
Picon

Re: Add haskell-src as an official machine-readable component of the Haskell standard

Thanks, I'll look into all of that when I get a chance, hopefully soonish.

Cheers,

/Niklas

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 12:22 AM, Ben Millwood <haskell@...> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 7:51 PM, Lennart Augustsson
> <lennart@...> wrote:
>> Please explain.  Fixity information cannot be provided unless you find
>> all the imported modules and process those, so I'm not sure how
>> haskell-src-exts could do any better than it currently does.
>>

> The tickets I had in mind were:
>
> http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-src-exts/ticket/197
> http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-src-exts/ticket/191
>
> and this one I've just submitted: