Tim Nevels | 14 Nov 23:52 2013
Picon

Re: RE: Anything special about DELAY PROCESS (Current process;0)?

On Nov 14, 2013, at 4:13 PM, Stephen J. Orth wrote:

> JPR,
>
> Thank you for taking the time to clarify this...very much appreciated.

It was a great description of how an internal mechanism of 4D works. Very useful information for
performance tuning. I love this kind of information.

Who in this world can pick up the phone and call LR and also get LE on the phone and ask a question about how 4D
works. No middle man. No translation. Talk to the actual designers in their native language? And then
translate that into easy to understand English?

I can think of only one… JPR.

It is great to have JPR back again participating on the iNUG.

Tim

Tim Nevels
Innovative Solutions
785-749-3444
timnevels@...

4D v13 is available now - with more than 200 new features to make
your applications richer and faster
(Continue reading)

Max Morrison | 15 Nov 18:42 2013
Picon

On Nov 14, 2013, at 1:52 PM, Tim Nevels wrote:

> On Nov 14, 2013, at 4:13 PM, Stephen J. Orth wrote:
>
>> JPR,
>>
>> Thank you for taking the time to clarify this...very much appreciated.
>
> It was a great description of how an internal mechanism of 4D works. Very useful information for
performance tuning. I love this kind of information.

> Who in this world can pick up the phone and call LR and also get LE on the phone and ask a question about how 4D
works. No middle man. No translation. Talk to the actual designers in their native language? And then
translate that into easy to understand English?

> I can think of only one… JPR.

A more compelling endorsement for an internals book, or on-going blog would be hard to come by as concisely.

max

4D v13 is available now - with more than 200 new features to make
your applications richer and faster
http://www.4d.com/products/new.html

4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ:  http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html