Hakan Guzelgoz | 24 Apr 22:21 2012
Picon

Expressjs Gzip compress - nodejitsu?

Hi,

I am using Express and am quite new on it. I just started to work on a simple website.
On top of that, I've setup an account with nodejitsu.com and want to deploy my website there - as it works and seems easy enough.

Anyway, my question is about Gzip compression. I've seen that on production people recommending to use Nginx - but I don't think I can use that configuration with nodejitsu.
1. Is there any easy way of doing CSS, JS, and other static file compression under Express?
2. Anyway to setup nodejitsu maybe to do the Gzip compress?
3. I've seen the middleware connect and it seems that there is some compression there - but even though my code seems to work, Chrome inspector tells me that CSS has not been compressed.

Many thanks.
Hakan Guzelgoz

--
Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/
dvbportal | 25 Apr 08:08 2012
Picon

Expressjs Gzip compress - nodejitsu?

At Cloudnode we use gzippo (http://tomg.co/gzippo) for that. It works great and needs just two lines to
include the compression code. It keeps everything in memory, so you need some amount for that, but in
return it is really fast.

Hakan Guzelgoz | 25 Apr 10:21 2012
Picon

Re: Expressjs Gzip compress - nodejitsu?

dvbportal - Thanks for the help!!
I've tried gzip-connect before but I think I prefer gzippo. It seems working fine!