Network Individual | 8 Dec 11:53 2012
Picon

Re: A simple implementation of fs.write(fd, buffer, offset, length, position, [callback])

I was looking for bufferedWriter and i found a module for that https://github.com/Gagle/Node-BufferedWriter

Thanks.

--
Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/
Nathan Rajlich | 8 Dec 21:19 2012

Re: Re: A simple implementation of fs.write(fd, buffer, offset, length, position, [callback])

I don't get it. Why not just use fs.WriteStream?

On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 2:53 AM, Network Individual
<networkindividual@...> wrote:
> I was looking for bufferedWriter and i found a module for that
> https://github.com/Gagle/Node-BufferedWriter
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/
> For more options, visit this group at

Network Individual | 9 Dec 17:13 2012
Picon

Re: Re: A simple implementation of fs.write(fd, buffer, offset, length, position, [callback])

I wanted a new line for every line i wrote to have neat spacing little
did i know that \n would be enough.I however am considering doing what
i wanted in java since i need threads.

Thanks.

On 12/8/12, Nathan Rajlich <nathan@...> wrote:
> I don't get it. Why not just use fs.WriteStream?
>
> On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 2:53 AM, Network Individual
> <networkindividual@...> wrote:
>> I was looking for bufferedWriter and i found a module for that
>> https://github.com/Gagle/Node-BufferedWriter
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/
>> http://groups.google.com/group/nodejs?hl=en?hl=en
>
> --
> Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/
> For more options, visit this group at

Eric Mill | 9 Dec 19:35 2012
Picon

Re: Re: A simple implementation of fs.write(fd, buffer, offset, length, position, [callback])

The stereotype of developers responding to questions for help with "why do you want to do that?" instead of an actual answer continues...

On 12/8/12, Nathan Rajlich <nathan-HPa3bmvI8NchSag8aQfN6g@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I don't get it. Why not just use fs.WriteStream?
>
> On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 2:53 AM, Network Individual
> <networkindividual <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>> I was looking for bufferedWriter and i found a module for that
>> https://github.com/Gagle/Node-BufferedWriter
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/
>> http://groups.google.com/group/nodejs?hl=en?hl=en
>
> --
> Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/
> For more options, visit this group at

Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/
Ben Noordhuis | 10 Dec 08:31 2012

On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 7:35 PM, Eric Mill <konklone@...> wrote:
> The stereotype of developers responding to questions for help with "why do
> you want to do that?" instead of an actual answer continues...

With good reason.  What someone _asks for_ is not necessarily what he
_needs_.  A newbie may ask "how can I do X" because he doesn't know
superior alternative Y exists.

Jonathan Dickinson | 11 Dec 23:24 2012
Picon

Re: Re: A simple implementation of fs.write(fd, buffer, offset, length, position, [callback])

Superior alternative being this I assume:
http://blog.marksoper.net/Server-side-DOM-manipulation-in-Nodejs-with-JSDOM-JQuery-and-Mustache-Templates-April-25-2011.html
- just to make sure this thread gets closed off with a real answer.

Newbies also make the mistake of thinking that structured data (html, json, xml, etc.) with textual
encoding is text.

Gmane