Federico Calboli | 30 May 11:55 2013

Hi All,

today I did a git fetch and git merge orining, followed by make.  I got:

that error was NOT sorted buy ither make clean or make cleanall... what gives?

Cheers

F
Viral Shah | 31 May 05:32 2013

I believe this is now fixed.

-viral

On Thursday, May 30, 2013 3:25:39 PM UTC+5:30, Federico Calboli wrote:
Hi All,

today I did a git fetch and git merge orining, followed by make.  I got:

that error was NOT sorted buy ither make clean or make cleanall... what gives?

Cheers

F
ote>
Stefan Karpinski | 31 May 05:40 2013

Re: Re: Segmentation fault: 11 /usr/local/julia/usr/bin/julia-release-readline -bf sysimg.jl

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 11:32 PM, Viral Shah <viral-zJnVPX2nTqnYtjvyW6yDsg@public.gmane.org> wrote:
I believe this is now fixed.

-viral

On Thursday, May 30, 2013 3:25:39 PM UTC+5:30, Federico Calboli wrote:
Hi All,

today I did a git fetch and git merge orining, followed by make.  I got:

that error was NOT sorted buy ither make clean or make cleanall... what gives?

Cheers

F

Viral Shah | 31 May 06:07 2013

Right - thanks for the more accurate description. I just meant to say that the build works now.

-viral

On 31-May-2013, at 9:10 AM, Stefan Karpinski <stefan@...> wrote:

> Not really, I just reverted the change that exposed this problem on OS X. We're looking for it.
> On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 11:32 PM, Viral Shah <viral@...> wrote:
> I believe this is now fixed.
> -viral
> On Thursday, May 30, 2013 3:25:39 PM UTC+5:30, Federico Calboli wrote:
> Hi All,
> today I did a git fetch and git merge orining, followed by make.  I got:
> /bin/sh: line 1: 29933 Segmentation fault: 11  /usr/local/julia/usr/bin/julia-release-readline -bf sysimg.jl
> *** This error is usually fixed by running 'make clean'. If the error persists, try 'make cleanall'. ***
> that error was NOT sorted buy ither make clean or make cleanall... what gives?
> Cheers
> F

Eric Davies | 8 Aug 21:12 2013

I am currently having this issue on funtoo (gentoo) linux when attempting to compile julia at revision ed68eb5892b38403cee97a7dba248b3ed88913a2. Can anyone lend a hand?

Thanks,
Eric

On Thursday, 30 May 2013 23:07:19 UTC-5, Viral Shah wrote:

-viral

On 31-May-2013, at 9:10 AM, Stefan Karpinski <ste...-X/JvLeVQC/3srOwW+9ziJQ@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 11:32 PM, Viral Shah <vi...-zJnVPX2nTqnYtjvyW6yDsg@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I believe this is now fixed.
> -viral
> On Thursday, May 30, 2013 3:25:39 PM UTC+5:30, Federico Calboli wrote:
> Hi All,
> today I did a git fetch and git merge orining, followed by make.  I got:
> /bin/sh: line 1: 29933 Segmentation fault: 11  /usr/local/julia/usr/bin/julia-release-readline -bf sysimg.jl
> Cheers
> F

Elliot Saba | 8 Aug 22:15 2013

Can you create a debug build of Julia (via `make debug`) which will still fail when creating `sys.jl`, and then run the `sys.jl` creation process inside `gdb` by executing the following command inside of the base folder inside the julia git repository:

gdb --args ../usr/bin/julia-debug-readline -bf sysimg.jl

Once it segfaults, type `bt` to get a backtrace from gdb, and post that here.
-E

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 12:12 PM, Eric Davies <iamed2-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:

Thanks,
Eric

On Thursday, 30 May 2013 23:07:19 UTC-5, Viral Shah wrote:

-viral

> I believe this is now fixed.
> -viral
> On Thursday, May 30, 2013 3:25:39 PM UTC+5:30, Federico Calboli wrote:
> Hi All,
> today I did a git fetch and git merge orining, followed by make.  I got:
> Cheers
> F

Eric Davies | 9 Aug 17:33 2013

Thanks for the response. Here's my backtrace:

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00007ffff53e3f9d in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00007ffff53e3f9d in ?? ()
#1  0x000000000236f160 in ?? ()
#2  0xda5ca026f34d7700 in ?? ()
#3  0x00007ffffffb7050 in ?? ()
#4  0x00007ffff64bb526 in jl_apply (f=0x19a6a90, args=0x7ffffffb7050,
    nargs=32767) at julia.h:1019
Backtrace stopped: frame did not save the PC

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 3:15 PM, Elliot Saba <staticfloat-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:

gdb --args ../usr/bin/julia-debug-readline -bf sysimg.jl

Once it segfaults, type `bt` to get a backtrace from gdb, and post that here.
-E

Thanks,
Eric

On Thursday, 30 May 2013 23:07:19 UTC-5, Viral Shah wrote:

-viral

On 31-May-2013, at 9:10 AM, Stefan Karpinski <ste... <at> karpinski.org> wrote:

> On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 11:32 PM, Viral Shah <vi... <at> mayin.org> wrote:
> I believe this is now fixed.
> -viral
> On Thursday, May 30, 2013 3:25:39 PM UTC+5:30, Federico Calboli wrote:
> Hi All,
> today I did a git fetch and git merge orining, followed by make.  I got:
> Cheers
> F

Eric Davies | 15 Aug 20:40 2013

I have created a github issue for this at https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia/issues/4073

On Friday, 9 August 2013 10:33:06 UTC-5, Eric Davies wrote:
Thanks for the response. Here's my backtrace:

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00007ffff53e3f9d in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00007ffff53e3f9d in ?? ()
#1  0x000000000236f160 in ?? ()
#2  0xda5ca026f34d7700 in ?? ()
#3  0x00007ffffffb7050 in ?? ()
#4  0x00007ffff64bb526 in jl_apply (f=0x19a6a90, args=0x7ffffffb7050,
    nargs=32767) at julia.h:1019
Backtrace stopped: frame did not save the PC

gdb --args ../usr/bin/julia-debug-readline -bf sysimg.jl

Once it segfaults, type `bt` to get a backtrace from gdb, and post that here.
-E

Thanks,
Eric

On Thursday, 30 May 2013 23:07:19 UTC-5, Viral Shah wrote:

-viral

> I believe this is now fixed.
> -viral