Valentyn Kamyshenko | 11 Jun 17:50 2010

Re: Batteries Included now up-to-date in GODI

Hi Michael:

I had the following problem when tried to install it on Snow Leopard:

ocamlfind ocamlopt -shared -linkall -package camomile,num,str -o src/batteries_uni.cmxs src/batteries_uni.cmxa
+ ocamlfind ocamlopt -shared -linkall -package camomile,num,str -o src/batteries_uni.cmxs src/batteries_uni.cmxa
ld: warning: -read_only_relocs cannot be used with x86_64
ld: codegen problem, can't use rel32 to external symbol _caml_negf_mask in .L101 from src/batteries_uni.a(batFloat.o)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
File "caml_startup", line 1, characters 0-1:
Error: Error during linking
Command exited with code 2.
make[7]: *** [all] Error 10
Error: Exec error: File /opt/local/godi/build/godi/godi-batteries/./../../mk/bsd.pkg.mk, line
1039: Command returned with non-zero exit code
Error: Exec error: File /opt/local/godi/build/godi/godi-batteries/./../../mk/bsd.pkg.mk, line
1378: Command returned with non-zero exit code

Thanks,

	Valentyn.

On Jun 11, 2010, at 5:18 AM, Michael Ekstrand wrote:

> The godi-batteries package has now been updated to install the latest
> release of Batteries Included, 1.2.0.  Please report any problems
> encountered with this package.
>
> If you are currently using the old Batteries package, please note that
> this new package is not compatible as it is based on the AAA line of
(Continue reading)

Michael Ekstrand | 12 Jun 01:27 2010
Picon

On 06/11/2010 11:50 AM, Valentyn Kamyshenko wrote:
> Hi Michael:
>
> I had the following problem when tried to install it on Snow Leopard:
>
> ocamlfind ocamlopt -shared -linkall -package camomile,num,str -o src/batteries_uni.cmxs src/batteries_uni.cmxa
> + ocamlfind ocamlopt -shared -linkall -package camomile,num,str -o src/batteries_uni.cmxs src/batteries_uni.cmxa
> ld: warning: -read_only_relocs cannot be used with x86_64
> ld: codegen problem, can't use rel32 to external symbol _caml_negf_mask in .L101 from src/batteries_uni.a(batFloat.o)
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> File "caml_startup", line 1, characters 0-1:
> Error: Error during linking
> Command exited with code 2.
> make[7]: *** [all] Error 10
> Error: Exec error: File /opt/local/godi/build/godi/godi-batteries/./../../mk/bsd.pkg.mk, line
1039: Command returned with non-zero exit code
> Error: Exec error: File /opt/local/godi/build/godi/godi-batteries/./../../mk/bsd.pkg.mk, line
1378: Command returned with non-zero exit code

It looks like this should only be a problem for building shared
modules.  Turning off shared module support in the Batteries build would
be one option, and people who need it (and have platforms where it is
supported) can either turn it on with a configuration knob or manually
make the dynamically-loadable modules.  About the only use case I see
for a dynamically-loadable Batteries is so it can be depended on by
something like an Ocsigen module.

It would be interesting to know what exactly is causing this problem and
whether there is something that can/should be changed in the compile
(Continue reading)

Valentyn Kamyshenko | 12 Jun 23:04 2010

Re: Batteries Included now up-to-date in GODI

Hi Michael,

I think the simplest solution would be to make it a configurable option in godi_console, that I would be able
to turn off (as for me, it is not critical, what would be the default, as soon as it can be changed).

Thanks a lot,

	Valentyn.

On Jun 11, 2010, at 4:27 PM, Michael Ekstrand wrote:

> On 06/11/2010 11:50 AM, Valentyn Kamyshenko wrote:
>> Hi Michael:
>>
>> I had the following problem when tried to install it on Snow Leopard:
>>
>> ocamlfind ocamlopt -shared -linkall -package camomile,num,str -o src/batteries_uni.cmxs src/batteries_uni.cmxa
>> + ocamlfind ocamlopt -shared -linkall -package camomile,num,str -o src/batteries_uni.cmxs src/batteries_uni.cmxa
>> ld: warning: -read_only_relocs cannot be used with x86_64
>> ld: codegen problem, can't use rel32 to external symbol _caml_negf_mask in .L101 from src/batteries_uni.a(batFloat.o)
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> File "caml_startup", line 1, characters 0-1:
>> Error: Error during linking
>> Command exited with code 2.
>> make[7]: *** [all] Error 10
>> Error: Exec error: File /opt/local/godi/build/godi/godi-batteries/./../../mk/bsd.pkg.mk, line
1039: Command returned with non-zero exit code
>> Error: Exec error: File /opt/local/godi/build/godi/godi-batteries/./../../mk/bsd.pkg.mk, line
1378: Command returned with non-zero exit code

(Continue reading)

Michael Ekstrand | 12 Jun 23:18 2010
Picon

On 06/12/2010 05:04 PM, Valentyn Kamyshenko wrote:
> I think the simplest solution would be to make it a configurable option in godi_console, that I would be
able to turn off (as for me, it is not critical, what would be the default, as soon as it can be changed).

That's my thought pretty much too.  I have the build scripts ready to do
this (defaulting to building the dynamically loadable modules).  Once a
minor Batteries update (including some build system changes needed to
support these tweaks) is released, I'll release the changes to GODI.
That should happen very soon.

- Michael

Jabber/Google Talk: use my e-mail address
Twitter:  <at> elehack
Web: http://elehack.net/michael
mouse, n: a device for pointing at the xterm in which you want to type

Gmane