Sendu Bala | 1 Aug 08:49 2006
Picon

Re: $hit_object->frac_aligned_hit/$hit_object->frac_aligned_query

Andreo Beck wrote:
>   Hi,
>
>   Can $hit_object->frac_aligned_hit or $hit_object->frac_aligned_query give outputs > 1 ?
>   I get some > 1 values.

That might depend on what $hit_object is (Bio::Search::Hit::GenericHit
?), but I'd say it's probably a bug if you get over 1. Can you give an
example where you got over 1? Provide the code and the input data.

> Does using  the parentheses (e.g. $hit_object->frac_aligned_hit()) make any difference?

No, empty parentheses are only needed to make it clear to the perl
interpreter you are calling a subroutine in ambiguous cases;
$obj->method isn't ambiguous.

Gmane