Andreo Beck | 1 Aug 19:51 2006
Picon

Re: (no subject)

I attach 1 "erroneous" part (record 9) and 1 correct part (record 8)...the entire file is ~500mb...

Sendu Bala <bix <at> sendu.me.uk> wrote:
  Andreo Beck wrote:
> Thanks Sendu.I get this when I try parsing a WUBLASTP report (thats too
> huge to upload).

Unfortunately that's the most important thing for figuring out what's
going on. Could you compress it (zip or tar.gz) along with the fasta
file you used to do the blast? If its only a few MB you can email it to
me directly, or create a bug report at
http://bugzilla.bioperl.org/index.cgi and upload the files that way.

(You could also try cutting both files down to just the sequence and
hits that give results > 1, with a few < 1 for comparison - just make
sure it still works after you edit the files)

FYI, at a glance your code looked fine.

Cheers,
Sendu.

http://mail.yahoo.com
Reference:  Gish, W. (1996-2004) http://blast.wustl.edu

Query=  AT1G70120.1 | Symbol: None | hypothetical protein |
(Continue reading)

Chris Fields | 2 Aug 00:52 2006
Picon

Re: (no subject)

Andreo,

Okay, not cool to email an entire BLAST file to the entire Bioperl-l
list!  Sendu wanted it emailed to him, not everybody!

Chris

On Aug 1, 2006, at 12:51 PM, Andreo Beck wrote:

> I attach 1 "erroneous" part (record 9) and 1 correct part (record
> 8)...the entire file is ~500mb...
>

> Sendu Bala <bix <at> sendu.me.uk> wrote:
>   Andreo Beck wrote:
>> Thanks Sendu.I get this when I try parsing a WUBLASTP report
>> (thats too
>> huge to upload).
>
> Unfortunately that's the most important thing for figuring out what's
> going on. Could you compress it (zip or tar.gz) along with the fasta
> file you used to do the blast? If its only a few MB you can email
> it to
> me directly, or create a bug report at
> http://bugzilla.bioperl.org/index.cgi and upload the files that way.

Christopher Fields