Nate Wiger | 23 Aug 17:31 2005
Picon

Re: Using formbuilder from within a sub routine

On 8/23/05, Todd Charron <todd <at> neteffect.ca> wrote:
> > Currently cgi-lib sets up %form_data which is used throughout the
> application.
>
> Found the exact bit:
>
> &ReadParse(*form_data);
>
> calls ReadParse from cgi-lib.pl which, I believe, destroys the POST array.

Isn't cgi-lib.pl a holdover from Perl 4? I haven't used that in
probably 8 years. What do you have that's using that?

Bob McClure Jr | 23 Aug 18:22 2005

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 08:31:54AM -0700, Nate Wiger wrote:
> On 8/23/05, Todd Charron <todd <at> neteffect.ca> wrote:
> > > Currently cgi-lib sets up %form_data which is used throughout the
> > application.
> >
> > Found the exact bit:
> >
> > &ReadParse(*form_data);
> >
> > calls ReadParse from cgi-lib.pl which, I believe, destroys the POST array.
>
> Isn't cgi-lib.pl a holdover from Perl 4? I haven't used that in
> probably 8 years. What do you have that's using that?

CGI.pm has a cgi-lib compatibility mode:

  use CGI (:cgi-lib);

I wonder if it has the same problem.

My biggest client has a large batch of Perl4/cgi-lib era scripts that
I am, little by little, converting to Perl5/CGI.  It's really not very
painful.

robertmcclure <at> earthlink.net  http://www.bobcatos.com
Peace at any price is inflationary.