Vincent Lemoine | 20 Apr 14:26 2015

Dependency problem with "python-rpy2" package

Hello,

I have a problem with package "python-rpy2" with Debian Wheezy repository.

I use this repo :
deb http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/debian wheezy-cran3/

This package depends on "python-singledispatch" but it doesn't exist in official Debian repo...

Could you help me to fix this issue ?

Thanks a lot,
jranke | 20 Apr 14:57 2015

Re: Dependency problem with "python-rpy2" package

Hi,

Without looking into it I believe the solution will be for me to
prepare a backport of python-singledispatch. I can not do it right
away, but hopefully later in the week ...

Meanwhile you could try to install the python-singledispatch version
from unstable via apt pinning.

Johannes

Zitat von Vincent Lemoine <vlemoine <at> teclib.com>:

> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with package "python-rpy2" with Debian Wheezy repository.
>
> I use this repo :
> deb http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/debian wheezy-cran3/
>
> This package depends on "python-singledispatch" but it doesn't exist
> in official Debian repo...
>
> Could you help me to fix this issue ?
>
> Thanks a lot,

> R-SIG-Debian <at> r-project.org
(Continue reading)

Johannes Ranke | 21 Apr 17:02 2015

Re: Dependency problem with "python-rpy2" package

> Without looking into it I believe the solution will be for me to
> prepare a backport of python-singledispatch. I can not do it right
> away, but hopefully later in the week ...

I had a go at it, but did not succeed to produce a working python-
singledispatch package. After installing python3-all and python3-setuptools
outside the pbuilder chroot (!) I could build a .deb, but this mysteriously
depends on a virtual package python-ordereddict which is not in Debian and I
do not know what package should provide that. As I do not understand how these
python dependencies work, I stopped there.

I did successfully install rpy2 in the presence of 3.2.0 from CRAN in a wheezy
chroot, using pip install. You need to install the development files for R,
python and readline as well, compare the rpy2 installation instructions.

If someone can give me a hand here, OK, otherwise I will have to remove
python-rpy2 from the wheezy-cran3 and squeeze-cran3 repositories (there it
does not work either I found). I did not notice as I do not currently use
rpy2.

Kind regards,

Johannes