Rob Steele | 26 May 17:33 2012
Picon

Error in socketConnection ... all connections are in use

This is occurring with the R parallel package.  How do I increase the
maximum number of connections?

Thanks!

Error in socketConnection("localhost", port = port, server = TRUE,
blocking = TRUE,  :
   all connections are in use
Calls: makeCluster ... makePSOCKcluster -> newPSOCKnode -> socketConnection
Execution halted

platform       x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
arch           x86_64
os             linux-gnu
system         x86_64, linux-gnu
status
major          2
minor          15.0
year           2012
month          03
day            30
svn rev        58871
language       R
version.string R version 2.15.0 (2012-03-30)
nickname
Joshua Ulrich | 26 May 18:19 2012
Picon

Re: Error in socketConnection ... all connections are in use

You would have to rebuild R after increasing NCONNECTIONS in
src/main/connections.c.

It would be probably be easier to simply close connections you're no
longer using via stopCluster(), unless you really need >128
simultaneous connections.

Best,
--
Joshua Ulrich  |  FOSS Trading: www.fosstrading.com