MaT 2. | 31 Oct 02:11 2011

rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

hello..

i have problem with rubygems version 1.8.7 on ubuntu 10.04 server LTS
64bit.this rubygems i also try both installation automatic using apt-get
package manager and using manually installation but the problem also
same.
the problem occur when i try to install any gems installation
package.i try many solution to solve the problem like remove and install
back rubygems.i also format computer then install back ruby and rubygems
but still cannot solve this problem.so i hope any rubygem expert can
help me solved this kind of problem.below are the following error that
appear after i execute gem install command.

sudo gem install any-package

ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Zlib::DataError)
incorrect header check.

and my environment for gems

oneadmin <at> server:~$ gem env
RubyGems Environment:
  - RUBYGEMS VERSION: 1.8.10
  - RUBY VERSION: 1.8.7 (2010-01-10 patchlevel 249) [x86_64-linux]
  - INSTALLATION DIRECTORY: /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8
  - RUBY EXECUTABLE: /usr/bin/ruby1.8
  - EXECUTABLE DIRECTORY: /usr/bin
  - RUBYGEMS PLATFORMS:
    - ruby
    - x86_64-linux
(Continue reading)

Alex Mercer | 31 Oct 11:17 2011
Picon

Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

Try to install dev lib for zlib:
 $ sudo apt-get -y install zlib zlib-devel

On 31 окт, 03:11, "MaT 2." <li...@...> wrote:
> hello..
>
> i have problem with rubygems version 1.8.7 on ubuntu 10.04 server LTS
> 64bit.this rubygems i also try both installation automatic using apt-get
> package manager and using manually installation but the problem also
> same.
> the problem occur when i try to install any gems installation
> package.i try many solution to solve the problem like remove and install
> back rubygems.i also format computer then install back ruby and rubygems
> but still cannot solve this problem.so i hope any rubygem expert can
> help me solved this kind of problem.below are the following error that
> appear after i execute gem install command.
>
> sudo gem install any-package
>
> ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Zlib::DataError)
> incorrect header check.
>
> and my environment for gems
>
> oneadmin <at> server:~$ gem env
> RubyGems Environment:
>   - RUBYGEMS VERSION: 1.8.10
>   - RUBY VERSION: 1.8.7 (2010-01-10 patchlevel 249) [x86_64-linux]
>   - INSTALLATION DIRECTORY: /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8
>   - RUBY EXECUTABLE: /usr/bin/ruby1.8
(Continue reading)

MaT 2. | 1 Nov 05:15 2011

Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

Alex Mercer wrote in post #1029306:
> Try to install dev lib for zlib:
>  $ sudo apt-get -y install zlib zlib-devel

thank for answer..

i already try this command but nothing is working..

below is addition information of my problem when i try to install rail 
using --debug command.i hope any expert can help me to solve this 
problem..
your help is very appreciated.thank you very much.

oneadmin <at> oneadmin:/var/lib/gems/1.8$ sudo gem install rails --debug
Exception `NameError' at 
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/command_manager.rb:161 - uninitialized 
constant Gem::Commands::InstallCommand
Exception `Gem::LoadError' at /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:827 - Could 
not find RubyGem test-unit (>= 0)

Exception `Gem::LoadError' at /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:827 - Could 
not find RubyGem sources (> 0.0.1)

Exception `EOFError' at /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/net/protocol.rb:135 - end of 
file reached
Exception `Zlib::DataError' at /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:599 - 
incorrect header check
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Zlib::DataError)
    incorrect header check
        /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:599:in `inflate'
(Continue reading)

Leonardo Mateo | 1 Nov 10:52 2011
Picon

Re: Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 1:15 AM, MaT 2. <lists@...> wrote:
> Alex Mercer wrote in post #1029306:
>> Try to install dev lib for zlib:
>>  $ sudo apt-get -y install zlib zlib-devel
>
> thank for answer..
>
> i already try this command but nothing is working..
>
> below is addition information of my problem when i try to install rail
> using --debug command.i hope any expert can help me to solve this
> problem..
> your help is very appreciated.thank you very much.
>
> oneadmin <at> oneadmin:/var/lib/gems/1.8$ sudo gem install rails --debug
> Exception `NameError' at
> /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/command_manager.rb:161 - uninitialized
> constant Gem::Commands::InstallCommand
> Exception `Gem::LoadError' at /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:827 - Could
> not find RubyGem test-unit (>= 0)
>
> Exception `Gem::LoadError' at /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:827 - Could
> not find RubyGem sources (> 0.0.1)
>
> Exception `EOFError' at /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/net/protocol.rb:135 - end of
> file reached
> Exception `Zlib::DataError' at /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:599 -
> incorrect header check
> ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Zlib::DataError)
>    incorrect header check
(Continue reading)

Max | 1 Nov 13:45 2011

Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

A really good resource for setting up ubuntu for rails/ruby is:
http://ryanbigg.com/2010/12/ubuntu-ruby-rvm-rails-and-you/

hope that helps.

On Oct 30, 7:11 pm, "MaT 2." <li...@...> wrote:
> hello..
>
> i have problem with rubygems version 1.8.7 on ubuntu 10.04 server LTS
> 64bit.this rubygems i also try both installation automatic using apt-get
> package manager and using manually installation but the problem also
> same.
> the problem occur when i try to install any gems installation
> package.i try many solution to solve the problem like remove and install
> back rubygems.i also format computer then install back ruby and rubygems
> but still cannot solve this problem.so i hope any rubygem expert can
> help me solved this kind of problem.below are the following error that
> appear after i execute gem install command.
>
> sudo gem install any-package
>
> ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Zlib::DataError)
> incorrect header check.
>
> and my environment for gems
>
> oneadmin <at> server:~$ gem env
> RubyGems Environment:
>   - RUBYGEMS VERSION: 1.8.10
>   - RUBY VERSION: 1.8.7 (2010-01-10 patchlevel 249) [x86_64-linux]
(Continue reading)

MaT 2. | 2 Nov 07:20 2011

Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

thank for all response..
i already --purge and reinstall the rubygem and same problem occur.

actually i want to install all the following gem package:

      json
    *
      rack
    *
      sinatra
    *
      thin

using rvm i successfull install json and rack but i cannot install 
sinatra and thin.the same problem appear like this

Zlib:DataError incorrect header check.

-- 
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@...
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@...
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

Craig White | 2 Nov 13:09 2011

Re: Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

On Wed, 2011-11-02 at 07:20 +0100, MaT 2. wrote:
> thank for all response..
> i already --purge and reinstall the rubygem and same problem occur.
> 
> actually i want to install all the following gem package:
> 
> 
>       json
>     *
>       rack
>     *
>       sinatra
>     *
>       thin
> 
> using rvm i successfull install json and rack but i cannot install 
> sinatra and thin.the same problem appear like this
> 
> Zlib:DataError incorrect header check.
----
I think this is what you need...
apt-get install zlib1g-dev

but if that doesn't work, then try this...
apt-get install libzlcore-dev

Craig

--

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
(Continue reading)

MaT 2. | 3 Nov 03:09 2011

Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

thank Craig but it still not working..

-- 
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@...
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@...
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

Craig White | 3 Nov 03:19 2011

Re: Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

On Thu, 2011-11-03 at 03:09 +0100, MaT 2. wrote:
> thank Craig but it still not working..
----
show us the full output of 'sudo gem install sinatra' and 'sudo gem
install thin'

Craig

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

--

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@...
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@...
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

MaT 2. | 3 Nov 04:13 2011

Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

all error output state as below:

oneadmin <at> oneadmin$ sudo gem install sinatra --debug

Exception `NameError' at 
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/command_manager.rb:161 - uniniti     alized 
constant Gem::Commands::InstallCommand
Exception `Gem::LoadError' at /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:827 - Could 
not find Rub     yGem test-unit (>= 0)

Exception `Gem::LoadError' at /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:827 - Could 
not find Rub     yGem sources (> 0.0.1)

Exception `EOFError' at /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/net/protocol.rb:135 - end of 
file reached
Exception `Zlib::DataError' at /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:599 - 
incorrect header check
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Zlib::DataError)
    incorrect header check
        /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:599:in `inflate'
        /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:599:in `inflate'
        /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/spec_fetcher.rb:100:in `fetch_spec'
        /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/spec_fetcher.rb:72:in `fetch'
        /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/spec_fetcher.rb:71:in `map'
        /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/spec_fetcher.rb:71:in `fetch'
        /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/dependency_installer.rb:99:in 
`find_gems_with_sources'
        /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/dependency_installer.rb:192:in 
`find_spec_by_name_and_version'
        /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/dependency_installer.rb:213:in 
(Continue reading)

Craig White | 3 Nov 04:36 2011

Re: Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

On Thu, 2011-11-03 at 04:13 +0100, MaT 2. wrote:
> all error output state as below:
> 
> oneadmin <at> oneadmin$ sudo gem install sinatra --debug
> 
> Exception `NameError' at 
> /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/command_manager.rb:161 - uniniti     alized 
> constant Gem::Commands::InstallCommand
----
try this...

sudo gem install rubygems -v="1.4.2"
sudo update_rubygems
sudo gem install sinatra
sudo gem install thin

Craig

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

--

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@...
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@...
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

(Continue reading)

MaT 2. | 4 Nov 08:44 2011

Re: Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

Craig White wrote in post #1029886:
> On Thu, 2011-11-03 at 04:13 +0100, MaT 2. wrote:
>> all error output state as below:
>>
>> oneadmin <at> oneadmin$ sudo gem install sinatra --debug
>>
>> Exception `NameError' at
>> /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/command_manager.rb:161 - uniniti     alized
>> constant Gem::Commands::InstallCommand
> ----
> try this...
>
> sudo gem install rubygems -v="1.4.2"
> sudo update_rubygems
> sudo gem install sinatra
> sudo gem install thin
>
> Craig
>
>
> --
> This message has been scanned for viruses and
> dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
> believed to be clean.

hi Craig.. i can execute sudo gem update_rubygems after i uninstall rack 
from gem list but i still cannot install sinatra and thin.same error 
appear..

--

-- 
(Continue reading)

MaT 2. | 3 Nov 05:34 2011

Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

for the first command it can be execute correctly
after i change sudo gem install rubygems -v="1.4.2" to
sudo gem install rubygems -v 1.4.2 but for second command i got problem 
to run. the error as below:

sudo update_rubygems
sudo: update_rubygems: command not found

and all other command display same error as before.

-- 
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@...
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@...
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

Craig White | 3 Nov 11:44 2011

Re: Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

On Thu, 2011-11-03 at 05:34 +0100, MaT 2. wrote:
> for the first command it can be execute correctly
> after i change sudo gem install rubygems -v="1.4.2" to
> sudo gem install rubygems -v 1.4.2 but for second command i got problem 
> to run. the error as below:
> 
> sudo update_rubygems
> sudo: update_rubygems: command not found
> 
> and all other command display same error as before.
----
If you installed rubygems it would seem impossible for the command
update_rubygems not to be found. Perhaps it is not installed.

Perhaps someone is familiar with Ubuntu's ruby packages and can guide
you with what it is that isn't working right. Generally, the
distribution packages lag too far behind and seem to be an obstruction
which is one of the reasons why things like rvm have become popular. 

I suppose the way to install it would be...
sudo apt-get install rubygems

On my ubuntu 10.04 LTS (but not using any Ubuntu ruby packages
whatsoever because I use the enterprise ruby packages)

If rubygems package is installed, you should be able to easily run 'sudo
update rubygems'

Craig

(Continue reading)

Colin Law | 3 Nov 13:11 2011

Re: Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

On 3 November 2011 10:44, Craig White <craigwhite@...> wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-11-03 at 05:34 +0100, MaT 2. wrote:
>> for the first command it can be execute correctly
>> after i change sudo gem install rubygems -v="1.4.2" to
>> sudo gem install rubygems -v 1.4.2 but for second command i got problem
>> to run. the error as below:
>>
>> sudo update_rubygems
>> sudo: update_rubygems: command not found
>>
>> and all other command display same error as before.
> ----
> If you installed rubygems it would seem impossible for the command
> update_rubygems not to be found. Perhaps it is not installed.
>
> Perhaps someone is familiar with Ubuntu's ruby packages and can guide
> you with what it is that isn't working right. Generally, the
> distribution packages lag too far behind and seem to be an obstruction
> which is one of the reasons why things like rvm have become popular.

I strongly suggest that for rails on Ubuntu you use the method from
http://ryanbigg.com/2010/12/ubuntu-ruby-rvm-rails-and-you/
as an earlier poster already suggested.  You are in for a great deal
of pain trying to do it using the ubuntu repositories.

Colin

>
> I suppose the way to install it would be...
> sudo apt-get install rubygems
(Continue reading)

MaT 2. | 4 Nov 01:56 2011

Re: Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

Colin Law wrote in post #1029951:
> On 3 November 2011 10:44, Craig White <craigwhite@...> wrote:
>> ----
>> If you installed rubygems it would seem impossible for the command
>> update_rubygems not to be found. Perhaps it is not installed.
>>
>> Perhaps someone is familiar with Ubuntu's ruby packages and can guide
>> you with what it is that isn't working right. Generally, the
>> distribution packages lag too far behind and seem to be an obstruction
>> which is one of the reasons why things like rvm have become popular.
>
> I strongly suggest that for rails on Ubuntu you use the method from
> http://ryanbigg.com/2010/12/ubuntu-ruby-rvm-rails-and-you/
> as an earlier poster already suggested.  You are in for a great deal
> of pain trying to do it using the ubuntu repositories.
>
> Colin
>
>> Craig
>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@...
>> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.
>>
>>
>
>
>
> --
> gplus.to/clanlaw
(Continue reading)

mg1313 | 9 Nov 03:19 2011
Picon

Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

I also produced an even more detailed Ruby on Rails installation
tutorial for Ubuntu 11.04, 11.10:
http://www.mirceagoia.com/2011/11/ruby-on-rails-installation-ubuntu-linux-mint/
It's 35 pages long and free to get it. Covers many situation which
Ryan Bigg didn't.

Mircea

On Nov 3, 2:11 pm, Colin Law <clan...@...> wrote:
> On 3 November 2011 10:44, Craig White <craigwh...@...> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > On Thu, 2011-11-03 at 05:34 +0100, MaT 2. wrote:
> >> for the first command it can be execute correctly
> >> after i change sudo gem install rubygems -v="1.4.2" to
> >> sudo gem install rubygems -v 1.4.2 but for second command i got problem
> >> to run. the error as below:
>
> >> sudo update_rubygems
> >> sudo: update_rubygems: command not found
>
> >> and all other command display same error as before.
> > ----
(Continue reading)

MaT 2. | 4 Nov 01:53 2011

Re: Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

Craig White wrote in post #1029937:

>
> If you installed rubygems it would seem impossible for the command
> update_rubygems not to be found. Perhaps it is not installed.
>
> Perhaps someone is familiar with Ubuntu's ruby packages and can guide
> you with what it is that isn't working right. Generally, the
> distribution packages lag too far behind and seem to be an obstruction
> which is one of the reasons why things like rvm have become popular.
>
> I suppose the way to install it would be...
> sudo apt-get install rubygems
>
> On my ubuntu 10.04 LTS (but not using any Ubuntu ruby packages
> whatsoever because I use the enterprise ruby packages)
>
> If rubygems package is installed, you should be able to easily run 'sudo
> update rubygems'
>
> Craig
>
>
> --
> This message has been scanned for viruses and
> dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
> believed to be clean.

i think i already install rubygem below is my command to verify that 
rubygem is install in my system.i also try to use apt-get install 
(Continue reading)

MaT 2. | 8 Nov 03:11 2011

Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

i hope somebody can help me with this kind of problem..

-- 
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@...
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@...
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

mkristian | 8 Nov 10:02 2011
Picon

Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

I use $HOME/.gemrc

install: --user-install --no-ri --no-rdoc --bindir /home/kristian/bin
update: --user-install --no-ri --no-rdoc --bindir /home/kristian/bin

which installs all gems in my user directory - no sudo needed. BUT
bundler does not obey this setting and ask for sudo password and
installs them into the system.

I think the easiest way to get rubygems and bundle working "locally"
is setting something like

export GEM_HOME=$HOME/.gems
export GEM_PATH=$HOME/.gems

then rubygems and bundler works fine together.

I just tried this on ubuntu 11.10 where I do have
$ gem envir
RubyGems Environment:
  - RUBYGEMS VERSION: 1.7.2
  - RUBY VERSION: 1.8.7 (2011-06-30 patchlevel 352) [x86_64-linux]
  - INSTALLATION DIRECTORY: /home/kristian/.gems
  - RUBY EXECUTABLE: /usr/bin/ruby1.8
  - EXECUTABLE DIRECTORY: /home/kristian/.gems/bin
  - RUBYGEMS PLATFORMS:
    - ruby
    - x86_64-linux
  - GEM PATHS:
     - /home/kristian/.gems
(Continue reading)

Colin Law | 8 Nov 10:15 2011

Re: Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

On 8 November 2011 02:11, MaT 2. <lists@...> wrote:
> i hope somebody can help me with this kind of problem..

I can only suggest once that again that you start from the beginning
using rvm (if you have installed rubygems from the repository then
uninstall it and manually install an appropriate version) and when you
come to a problem come back and ask about that particular problem.
When I suggested previously that you did this you just said "i already
try this suggestion before but still not working and i cannot install
sinatra and thin using this method."  which is not very specific.

This may not fix the problem but once you are using rvm you will be
better aligned with most people here (I believe) and will therefore be
more likely to find a solution.

Colin

--

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@...
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@...
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

MaT 2. | 10 Nov 02:28 2011

Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

thank Kristian,Colin and Mircea for your post.
i will try all the solution.

Mat

-- 
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@...
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@...
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

MaT 2. | 10 Nov 03:08 2011

Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

this is my output after trying to install rvm 1.9.2 on oneadmin home 
user path(/srv/cloud/one).

oneadmin <at> oneadmin:~$ rvm install 1.9.2
Installing Ruby from source to: 
/srv/cloud/one/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.2-p290, this       may take a while 
depending on your cpu(s)...

ruby-1.9.2-p290 - #fetching
ruby-1.9.2-p290 - #downloading ruby-1.9.2-p290, this may take a while 
depending       on your connection...
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time 
Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left 
Speed
100 8604k  100 8604k    0     0   259k      0  0:00:33  0:00:33 --:--:-- 
567k
ruby-1.9.2-p290 - #extracting ruby-1.9.2-p290 to 
/srv/cloud/one/.rvm/src/ruby-1.      9.2-p290
ruby-1.9.2-p290 - #extracted to /srv/cloud/one/.rvm/src/ruby-1.9.2-p290
Fetching yaml-0.1.4.tar.gz to /srv/cloud/one/.rvm/archives
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time 
Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left 
Speed
100  460k  100  460k    0     0   105k      0  0:00:04  0:00:04 --:--:-- 
139k
Extracting yaml-0.1.4.tar.gz to /srv/cloud/one/.rvm/src
Prepare yaml in /srv/cloud/one/.rvm/src/yaml-0.1.4.
Configuring yaml in /srv/cloud/one/.rvm/src/yaml-0.1.4.
(Continue reading)

MaT 2. | 10 Nov 03:12 2011

Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

this the ouput of rvm logfile.

oneadmin <at> oneadmin:~$ cat 
/srv/cloud/one/.rvm/log/ruby-1.9.2-p290/rubygems.install.log

[2011-11-10 10:00:43]

GEM_PATH="/srv/cloud/one/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290:/srv/cloud/one/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290 <at> global:/srv/cloud/one/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290:/srv/cloud/one/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290 <at> global" 
GEM_HOME="/srv/cloud/one/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290" 
"/srv/cloud/one/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.2-p290/bin/ruby" 
"/srv/cloud/one/.rvm/src/rubygems-1.8.10/setup.rb"
/srv/cloud/one/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.2-p290/bin/ruby: No such file or 
directory -- /srv/cloud/one/.rvm/src/rubygems-1.8.10/setup.rb 
(LoadError)

-- 
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@...
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@...
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

MaT 2. | 10 Nov 03:17 2011

Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

this output for rvm extract.log

oneadmin <at> oneadmin:~$ cat 
/srv/cloud/one/.rvm/log/ruby-1.9.2-p290/rubygems.extract.log

[2011-11-10 10:00:43] gunzip < 
/srv/cloud/one/.rvm/archives/rubygems-1.8.10.tgz | tar xf - -C 
/srv/cloud/one/.rvm/src

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: This does not look like a tar archive
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

i hope someone can figure out something with all the output.

-- 
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@...
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@...
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

MaT 2. | 10 Nov 04:07 2011

Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

below is addition information

oneadmin <at> oneadmin:~$ ruby -v
ruby 1.9.2p290 (2011-07-09 revision 32553) [x86_64-linux]

oneadmin <at> oneadmin:~$ rvm rubygems latest
Retrieving rubygems-1.8.10
Extracting rubygems-1.8.10 ...
ERROR: Error running 'gunzip < 
/srv/cloud/one/.rvm/archives/rubygems-1.8.10.tgz | tar xf - -C 
/srv/cloud/one/.rvm/src', please read 
/srv/cloud/one/.rvm/log/ruby-1.9.2-p290/rubygems.extract.log
Removing old Rubygems files...
Installing rubygems-1.8.10 for ruby-1.9.2-p290 ...
ERROR: Error running

'GEM_PATH="/srv/cloud/one/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290:/srv/cloud/one/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290 <at> global:/srv/cloud/one/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290:/srv/cloud/one/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290 <at> global" 
GEM_HOME="/srv/cloud/one/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290" 
"/srv/cloud/one/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.2-p290/bin/ruby" 
"/srv/cloud/one/.rvm/src/rubygems-1.8.10/setup.rb"', please read 
/srv/cloud/one/.rvm/log/ruby-1.9.2-p290/rubygems.install.log
WARN: Installation of rubygems did not complete successfully.

oneadmin <at> oneadmin:~$ pwd
/srv/cloud/one

oneadmin <at> oneadmin:~$ ls -lah
total 80K
drwxr-xr-x 12 oneadmin cloud 4.0K 2011-11-10 10:22 .
drwxr-xr-x  4 root     root  4.0K 2011-11-03 09:03 ..
(Continue reading)

MaT 2. | 10 Nov 04:45 2011

Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

i already find the solution to install rubygems to rvm.i download 
rubygems manualy and extract to .rvm/src. then install rvm 1.9.2 
again.the rubygems install successfull but when i test gem by trying to 
install rails the same error display.i also try the zlib troubleshooting 
on part8 provide by 
http://www.mirceagoia.com/2011/11/ruby-on-rails-installation-ubuntu-linux-mint/ 
tutorial but it still not working.below is all the output.

oneadmin <at> oneadmin:~$ rvm install 1.9.2
Installing Ruby from source to: 
/srv/cloud/one/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.2-p290, this may take a while 
depending on your cpu(s)...

ruby-1.9.2-p290 - #fetching
ruby-1.9.2-p290 - #extracted to /srv/cloud/one/.rvm/src/ruby-1.9.2-p290 
(already extracted)
Fetching yaml-0.1.4.tar.gz to /srv/cloud/one/.rvm/archives
Extracting yaml-0.1.4.tar.gz to /srv/cloud/one/.rvm/src
Prepare yaml in /srv/cloud/one/.rvm/src/yaml-0.1.4.
Configuring yaml in /srv/cloud/one/.rvm/src/yaml-0.1.4.
Compiling yaml in /srv/cloud/one/.rvm/src/yaml-0.1.4.
Installing yaml to /srv/cloud/one/.rvm/usr
ruby-1.9.2-p290 - #configuring
ruby-1.9.2-p290 - #compiling
ruby-1.9.2-p290 - #installing
Removing old Rubygems files...
Installing rubygems-1.8.10 for ruby-1.9.2-p290 ...
Installation of rubygems completed successfully.
ruby-1.9.2-p290 - adjusting #shebangs for (gem irb erb ri rdoc testrb 
rake).
(Continue reading)

MaT 2. | 11 Nov 08:33 2011

Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

i really need help.. i hope someone can help me..

-- 
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@...
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@...
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

Damian M. | 14 Nov 23:45 2011

Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

MaT 2. wrote in post #1031374:
> i really need help.. i hope someone can help me..

I don't know if this effects you or not, but if you're behind OpenDNS 
then you're likely having issues because of them. I had this issue 
myself just today (which is how I stumbled on this forum post) and the 
resolution for me was to add the following to my hosts file:

205.251.203.201 production.cf.rubygems.org

if you go to production.cf.rubygems.org in your web browser, and this is 
your issue, you'll get an OpenDNS message which essentially claims 
production.cf.rubygems.org distributes malware/viruses. Adding the hosts 
file entry allowed me to bypass opendns entirely for the one site. This 
is only a temporary fix, though. I've sent mail to the email address in 
the OpenDNS error page for production.cf.rubygems.org and it would be a 
good idea if anyone else affected by this did the same so that the root 
cause can be taken care of.

-- 
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@...
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@...
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk?hl=en.

MaT 2. | 23 Nov 03:09 2011

Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

Damian M. wrote in post #1031895:
> MaT 2. wrote in post #1031374:
>> i really need help.. i hope someone can help me..
>
>
> I don't know if this effects you or not, but if you're behind OpenDNS
> then you're likely having issues because of them. I had this issue
> myself just today (which is how I stumbled on this forum post) and the
> resolution for me was to add the following to my hosts file:
>
>
>
> 205.251.203.201 production.cf.rubygems.org
>
> if you go to production.cf.rubygems.org in your web browser, and this is
> your issue, you'll get an OpenDNS message which essentially claims
> production.cf.rubygems.org distributes malware/viruses. Adding the hosts
> file entry allowed me to bypass opendns entirely for the one site. This
> is only a temporary fix, though. I've sent mail to the email address in
> the OpenDNS error page for production.cf.rubygems.org and it would be a
> good idea if anyone else affected by this did the same so that the root
> cause can be taken care of.

thank you very much Damian M.
but my problem is different,however
your reply really point me to the solution.

--

-- 
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

(Continue reading)

Bob B. | 1 Feb 03:57 2012

Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

Awesome that DNS fix in etc/hosts worked for me

Finally ..
$ sudo gem install rails
Fetching: i18n-0.6.0.gem (100%)
Fetching: multi_json-1.0.4.gem (100%)
..

Many thanks Damian!!

Bob

Damian M. wrote in post #1031895:
> MaT 2. wrote in post #1031374:
>> i really need help.. i hope someone can help me..
>
>
> I don't know if this effects you or not, but if you're behind OpenDNS
> then you're likely having issues because of them. I had this issue
> myself just today (which is how I stumbled on this forum post) and the
> resolution for me was to add the following to my hosts file:
>
>
>
> 205.251.203.201 production.cf.rubygems.org
>
> if you go to production.cf.rubygems.org in your web browser, and this is
> your issue, you'll get an OpenDNS message which essentially claims
> production.cf.rubygems.org distributes malware/viruses. Adding the hosts
> file entry allowed me to bypass opendns entirely for the one site. This
(Continue reading)

wu volity | 17 Oct 13:37 2013

Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

Excuse, how did you solve the question? I meet the same question today..

-- 
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@...
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@...
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/ba7029f86d0b9eff697d65e005a2427e%40ruby-forum.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

wu volity | 26 Oct 10:05 2013

Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

I need your help,Please..What is the meanning of '205.251.203.201' in 
'205.251.203.201 production.cf.rubygems.org'.

-- 
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@...
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@...
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/1361118528331e3039a4b1a33542282a%40ruby-forum.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Colin Law | 26 Oct 10:51 2013

Re: Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

On 26 October 2013 09:05, wu volity <lists@...> wrote:
> I need your help,Please..What is the meanning of '205.251.203.201' in
> '205.251.203.201 production.cf.rubygems.org'.

It is an ip address.  At one time it may have been (or may still be,
but I suspect not) a valid ip address for production.cf.rubygems.org.
But since the email you got this from is two years old it may no
longer be valid.

Perhaps if you explained what your actual problem is (preferably in a
new thread rather than an ancient one) someone may be able to help.

Colin

--

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@...
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@...
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/CAL%3D0gLv6MVLXNYAbuoKWZbZhAsRLauqDM_RYiqOr27XmJ6xOeQ%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

wu volity | 7 Nov 14:02 2013

Re: Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

Colin Law wrote in post #1125699:
> On 26 October 2013 09:05, wu volity <lists@...> wrote:
>> I need your help,Please..What is the meanning of '205.251.203.201' in
>> '205.251.203.201 production.cf.rubygems.org'.
>
> It is an ip address.  At one time it may have been (or may still be,
> but I suspect not) a valid ip address for production.cf.rubygems.org.
> But since the email you got this from is two years old it may no
> longer be valid.
>
> Perhaps if you explained what your actual problem is (preferably in a
> new thread rather than an ancient one) someone may be able to help.
>
> Colin

Thanks!

-- 
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

--

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@...
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@...
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/09fd3716292093a694f20c1a2a0a607a%40ruby-forum.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Jordon Bedwell | 7 Nov 14:08 2013
Picon

Re: Re: Re: rubygems Problem on ubuntu 10.04

> Colin Law wrote in post #1125699:
>> On 26 October 2013 09:05, wu volity <lists@...> wrote:
>>> I need your help,Please..What is the meanning of '205.251.203.201' in
>>> '205.251.203.201 production.cf.rubygems.org'.
>>
>> It is an ip address.  At one time it may have been (or may still be,
>> but I suspect not) a valid ip address for production.cf.rubygems.org.
>> But since the email you got this from is two years old it may no
>> longer be valid.
>>
>> Perhaps if you explained what your actual problem is (preferably in a
>> new thread rather than an ancient one) someone may be able to help.

I believe that's a production IP for CloudFront so it should in theory
be valid for RubyGems still but that line as it's printed in the
quotes look like a hosts file line, perhaps somebody trying to stick
the region?

--

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby on Rails: Talk" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyonrails-talk+unsubscribe@...
To post to this group, send email to rubyonrails-talk@...
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyonrails-talk/CAM5XQnwvZHUO4f8GpoUw4K4aGFfAWTvQA8OLNrUkh-WFo6%3DgXQ%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Gmane