Divya | 28 Dec 06:25 2010
Picon

how to disable autofocus feature of a webcam using openCV or otherwise in Ubuntu

Hello,
 while performing the camera calibration of the Logitech Webcam Pro 9000, we need to disable the
'autofocus' feature so that the intrinsics matrix values remain constant. Is there some way of doing it
using OpenCV? We are using OpenCV 2.1 on Ubuntu 10.04. Or is there any other way to access/modify camera
properties on Ubuntu?

Thanks.
-Divya

Samuel Audet | 28 Dec 06:36 2010
Picon

Re: how to disable autofocus feature of a webcam using openCV or otherwise in Ubuntu

On 2010-12-28 14:25, Divya wrote:
> Hello,
>   while performing the camera calibration of the Logitech Webcam Pro 9000, we need to disable the
'autofocus' feature so that the intrinsics matrix values remain constant. Is there some way of doing it
using OpenCV? We are using OpenCV 2.1 on Ubuntu 10.04. Or is there any other way to access/modify camera
properties on Ubuntu?

You're probably looking for libv4l/v4l-utils:
	http://linuxtv.org/downloads/v4l-utils/

Samuel

Vito Lee | 28 Dec 07:45 2010
Picon

Re: [OpenCV] how to disable autofocus feature of a webcam using openCV or otherwise in Ubuntu

it's the function of webcam, you can't disable by opencv...
if is't a digit camera, maybe you could set sth like this..
寄件人﹕ Divya <divintouch <at> yahoo.co.in>
收件人﹕ OpenCV <at> yahoogroups.com
傳送日期﹕ 2010/12/28 (二) 1:25:12 PM
主題: [OpenCV] how to disable autofocus feature of a webcam using openCV or otherwise in Ubuntu

Hello,
while performing the camera calibration of the Logitech Webcam Pro 9000, we need to disable the 'autofocus' feature so that the intrinsics matrix values remain constant. Is there some way of doing it using OpenCV? We are using OpenCV 2.1 on Ubuntu 10.04. Or is there any other way to access/modify camera properties on Ubuntu?

Thanks.
-Divya

Change settings: http://www.yahoogroups.com/mygroups, select
   Get Emails (get all posts)
   Daily Digest (one summary email per day)
   Read on the web (read posts on the web only)Or Unsubscribe by mailing OpenCV-unsubscribe <at> yahoogroups.com

sarinsukumar@ymail.com | 29 Dec 13:22 2010

Re: how to disable autofocus feature of a webcam using openCV or otherwise in Ubuntu

you can disable this feature if it is allowed by going in to the videoinput library. i have explained it over here.
http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/CameraCapture