Klaus.Fuerth@ELK.de | 30 Mar 10:06 2012
Picon

Qt-Creator 2.4.1 & "No tool chain can produce code for this Qt Version."

Hello,

I'm working on linux with Qt-Creator 2.4.1. I cross-compiled and
installed an arm926 opensource Qt Version and the tool chain I compiled
Qt with. Everything is working as expected.

Then I compiled Qt opensource for another arm derivate (cortex-a8,
armv7a) with no errors and installed the Qt Version and the new tool
chain in Qt Creator.
Anyway, I now get an error message "No tool chain can produce code for
this version. Please define one or more tool chains." for the armv7a Qt
Version (Tools -> Options ->Build & Run -> Qt Versions).
The compiler is in the PATH environment var, when using a shell I am
able to compile the project.

The first Qt Version is still working well.

armv7a is still not working when I remove the arm926 Qt Version & tool
chain. What can I do here to get it up?

What is needed from Qt-Creator for the tool chain? Where are the
dependencies defined?

Thanks
Klaus
andre.poenitz | 30 Mar 10:15 2012
Picon

Re: Qt-Creator 2.4.1 & "No tool chain can produce code for this Qt Version."

Klaus.Fuerth <at> ELK.de wrote:
> What is needed from Qt-Creator for the tool chain? Where are the
> dependencies defined?

Is the toolchain listed in Tools->Options->Build and Run->Toolchains?
If not, can you "Add..." one there, and set the compiler there?

Andre'
Klaus.Fuerth@ELK.de | 30 Mar 10:24 2012
Picon

Re: Qt-Creator 2.4.1 & "No tool chain can produce code for this Qt Version."

Hi Andre,

On 30.03.2012 10:15 andre.poenitz <at> nokia.com wrote:
> Klaus.Fuerth <at> ELK.de wrote:
>> What is needed from Qt-Creator for the tool chain? Where are the
>> dependencies defined?
> Is the toolchain listed in Tools->Options->Build and Run->Toolchains?
> If not, can you "Add..." one there, and set the compiler there?

Yes, it is listed there. I tried different executables like

/opt/arm/cross-gcc-4.4.1-armv7a/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/arm-cortexa8-linux-gnu-g++
or
   /opt/arm/cross-gcc-4.4.1-armv7a/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/arm-linux-g++
(which is a symlink to above one).
(also without leading path) with no effect.

Klaus

Gmane