Majid Khan | 1 Mar 14:39 2013
Picon

Qt Creator Debug - GDB error

I am trying to debug Qt Creator (working on #7044) but when I debug (its new linux mint 14 Nadia Cinammon) my gdb gives error

Starting executable failed:

"/home/majid/projects/qtcreator-build/bin/qtcreator.sh": not in executable format: File format not recognised

but all other pet projects build alright in debug mode.

Can someone please help?

--
Majid Khan
http://www.icplusplus.com

Re: Qt Creator Debug - GDB error

Majid Khan wrote:
> I am trying to debug Qt Creator (working on #7044) but when I debug
> (its new linux mint 14 Nadia Cinammon) my gdb gives error
>
> Starting executable failed:
> "/home/majid/projects/qtcreator-build/bin/qtcreator.sh": not in executable format: File format
not recognised

That's the wrong run configuration (the one for the wrapper script,
not the application itself). Select 'app', not 'bin' in the Target selector
or under Projects/Run Run configuration.

Andre'
Majid Khan | 1 Mar 15:20 2013
Picon

Re: Qt Creator Debug - GDB error

Thanks,

ptrace: Operation not permitted.

Could not attach to the process. Make sure no other debugger traces this process.

Check the settings of

/proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope

For more details, see /etc/sysctl.d/10-ptrace.conf

and contents of file:

kernel.yama.ptrace_scope = 1

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 1:10 AM, Poenitz Andre <Andre.Poenitz <at> digia.com> wrote:
Majid Khan wrote:
> I am trying to debug Qt Creator (working on #7044) but when I debug
> (its new linux mint 14 Nadia Cinammon) my gdb gives error
>
> Starting executable failed:
> "/home/majid/projects/qtcreator-build/bin/qtcreator.sh": not in executable format: File format not recognised

That's the wrong run configuration (the one for the wrapper script,
not the application itself). Select 'app', not 'bin' in the Target selector
or under Projects/Run Run configuration.

Andre'

--
Majid Khan
http://www.icplusplus.com
Mitch Curtis | 1 Mar 15:34 2013

On 03/01/2013 03:20 PM, Majid Khan wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> ptrace: Operation not permitted.
>

> Could not attach to the process. Make sure no other debugger traces this
> process.
>
> Check the settings of
>
> /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope
>
> For more details, see /etc/sysctl.d/10-ptrace.conf
>

> and contents of file:
>
> kernel.yama.ptrace_scope = 1

This is a known issue:
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTCREATORBUG-3509

Feel free to vote for it. :)
Majid Khan | 1 Mar 15:40 2013
Picon

Re: Qt Creator Debug - GDB error

Great! Thanks :)

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 1:34 AM, Mitch Curtis <mitch.curtis <at> digia.com> wrote:
On 03/01/2013 03:20 PM, Majid Khan wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> ptrace: Operation not permitted.
>

> Could not attach to the process. Make sure no other debugger traces this
> process.
>
> Check the settings of
>
> /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope
>
> For more details, see /etc/sysctl.d/10-ptrace.conf
>

> and contents of file:
>
> kernel.yama.ptrace_scope = 1

This is a known issue:
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTCREATORBUG-3509

Feel free to vote for it. :)

Majid Khan
http://www.icplusplus.com
André Pönitz | 3 Mar 20:33 2013
Picon

On Sat, Mar 02, 2013 at 01:20:09AM +1100, Majid Khan wrote:
> Thanks,
>

> ptrace: Operation not permitted.
>

> Could not attach to the process. Make sure no other debugger traces this
> process.
>
> Check the settings of
>
> /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope
>
> For more details, see /etc/sysctl.d/10-ptrace.conf
>

> and contents of file:
>
> kernel.yama.ptrace_scope = 1

Do you have "Run in Terminal" selected?

That's not needed for debugging a Gui applications.

Andre'

Gmane