DiogoLR | 16 Apr 00:43 2011
Picon

FANN and Qt

Hi there,

Someone of you have already made a project with FANN library?

How can I make it work in Windows without using Visual Studio for generate DLL files (only using mingw and the other things installed with Qt)?

Regards,

Diogo.
DiogoLR | 16 Apr 03:23 2011
Picon

Re: FANN and Qt

After a day, I have a success running a XOR test from this library... The easiest way to do that was:

1) Put all *.h and *.c files together in a 'fann' folder, for example, at your project root folder
2) Compile the entire code for generating *.o files (cd ../myproject/fann & gcc -c *.c)
3) Make a *.a file the *.o files (ar rv libfann.a *.o)

With *.a file, you can put it in a dir named 'lib' at your project root folder and setup your project file variables like:

QMAKE_LIBDIR += lib
LIBS += -lfann

Now, can someone help me to create a DLL file :)?

Regards,

Diogo.

Someone of you have already made a project with FANN library?

How can I make it work in Windows without using Visual Studio for generate DLL files (only using mingw and the other things installed with Qt)?

Regards,

Diogo.

Till Oliver Knoll | 18 Apr 13:53 2011
Picon

Re: FANN and Qt

Am 16.04.2011 um 03:23 schrieb DiogoLR <diogolr <at>
> Now, can someone help me to create a DLL file :)?

Read the Qt docs about qmake.

Cheers, Oliver
Konstantin Tokarev | 18 Apr 14:21 2011
Picon

Re: FANN and Qt

16.04.2011, 02:43, "DiogoLR" <diogolr <at> gmail.com>:
> Hi there,
>
> Someone of you have already made a project with FANN library?

Out of curiosity: why have you preferred FANN to other libraries,
e.g. Flood (http://www.cimne.com/flood/contact.asp)?

Konstantin
DiogoLR | 18 Apr 18:12 2011
Picon

Re: FANN and Qt

I have no preference at all... I did not met any of these libraries :)

Now, I think that Flood is better for me. Do you have ever used Flood? How can i integrate it in my project?

Regards,

Diogo.

2011/4/18 Konstantin Tokarev <annulen <at> yandex.ru>

16.04.2011, 02:43, "DiogoLR" <diogolr <at> gmail.com>:
> Hi there,
>
> Someone of you have already made a project with FANN library?

Out of curiosity: why have you preferred FANN to other libraries,
e.g. Flood (http://www.cimne.com/flood/contact.asp)?

Konstantin

DiogoLR | 19 Apr 16:38 2011
Picon

Re: FANN and Qt

"Adrian, I did it!"

1) Uncompress lib flood at some directory
2) Go to the root folder of the codes and do:
$ qmake -project
3) Change TEMPLATE variable in *.pro file from
TEMPLATE = app
TEMPLATE = lib
4) Do qmake and make -s

At this point, some files will be generated, like dynamic library(ies) and *.a file. So, put the *.a and *.so (or *.dll) at the correct directories (making symbolic links if necessary) and enjoy! :)

Regards.,

Diogo.