Stanislav Vlasic | 10 Nov 05:17 2013
Picon

Buildroot 2013.08.1, Linaro 2013.04 as toolchain, kernel 3.0.101, wakeup from standby issue

Hi,

little help needed.

Here are my steps I perform to suspend ARM based device:

- close all running apps (eg. XBMC)
- sync command to save all cached data
- issue mem to /sys/power/state sysfs node
- after that power indicator led turns off

That all works just fine.

After interrupt (IR remote in my case handled by uboot and ARC), kernel wakes up, resumes all drivers, puts power led in ON state and ends up with unknown_wakeups message.

Any help or hint would be appreciated :) Android JellyBean 4.2.2 on same platform works way it should (it wakes up).

Thanx
Thomas Petazzoni | 10 Nov 09:48 2013

Re: Buildroot 2013.08.1, Linaro 2013.04 as toolchain, kernel 3.0.101, wakeup from standby issue

Dear Stanislav Vlasic,

On Sun, 10 Nov 2013 05:17:28 +0100, Stanislav Vlasic wrote:

> Here are my steps I perform to suspend ARM based device:
>
> - close all running apps (eg. XBMC)
> - sync command to save all cached data
> - issue mem to /sys/power/state sysfs node
> - after that power indicator led turns off
>
> That all works just fine.
>
> After interrupt (IR remote in my case handled by uboot and ARC), kernel
> wakes up, resumes all drivers, puts power led in ON state and ends up with
> unknown_wakeups message.
>
> Any help or hint would be appreciated :) Android JellyBean 4.2.2 on same
> platform works way it should (it wakes up).

What makes you think this is a Buildroot problem? It seems like a
kernel problem, so I would suggest to contact the people who did the
kernel support for your hardware platform (which you forgot to mention,
BTW).

Best regards,

Thomas

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com
Stanislav Vlasic | 10 Nov 13:13 2013

Re: Buildroot 2013.08.1, Linaro 2013.04 as toolchain, kernel 3.0.101, wakeup from standby issue

Hi Thomas, I'm not claiming it's buildroot issue or problem, but some point here / guideance how it should behave because I'm little lost here when it comes to that part.

Platform is Amlogic MX, and kernel is.... mixture between latest official Amlogic 3.0.50 kernel patched with various fixes + official kernel patches from kernel.org to bring it to latest 3.0 version which is .101 and in EOL state for some days now. Kernel itself works fine and much better than original one that SoC provides, it works with Android too, so it's not kernel related issue.

I'm doing something wrong and was hoping for any help from you guys.

Regards