Mattes, David | 12 Nov 17:51 2010
Picon

Issues with uClibc dlopen, dlsym on MIPS RouterStation Pro

I have an application that loads a shared library using dlopen and maps functions from the library with
dlsym.  Unfortunately dlopen always returns "File not found" error and the dlsym calls always return
NULL.  I know the library is there.  Strace returns nothing useful either.

I am running OpenWRT backfire 10.03 and have tried with uClibc 0.9.30.1 and 0.9.30.3.  Any suggestions on
how to hunt this down?

Thanks!
Will Newton | 12 Nov 18:21 2010
Picon

Re: Issues with uClibc dlopen, dlsym on MIPS RouterStation Pro

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 4:51 PM, Mattes, David <david.mattes <at> boeing.com> wrote:
> I have an application that loads a shared library using dlopen and maps functions from the library with
dlsym.  Unfortunately dlopen always returns "File not found" error and the dlsym calls always return
NULL.  I know the library is there.  Strace returns nothing useful either.

> I am running OpenWRT backfire 10.03 and have tried with uClibc 0.9.30.1 and 0.9.30.3.  Any suggestions
on how to hunt this down?

> Thanks!

dlopen will return "File not found" if the dynamic object you are
trying to open has a missing dependency, it's worth running readelf -d
on teh object you are dlopening to see if there are NEEDED entries and
if these are satisfied on your system.
Mattes, David | 12 Nov 19:10 2010
Picon

RE: Issues with uClibc dlopen, dlsym on MIPS RouterStation Pro

Ahh, that helped tremendously.  Thank you.

Gmane