Mark Heily | 1 Sep 04:55 2011

CFLite packages for Linux

Since there are some libdispatch tests that rely on CoreFoundation, I've
ported CFLite to Debian Linux and released the unofficial binary and
source packages here:

     http://mark.heily.com/project/CFLite

I'm not able to run the tests yet because CFLite does not provide some
of the necessary functions that libdispatch needs [1]. These functions
are in CFRunLoop.c which is not built by default. I'll add it to the
build and see what happens.

  - Mark

[1]

clang -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../config -I.. -I..
-I../compat/libMachShims/include    -Wall -g  -fblocks
-I../compat/libMachShims/include -I../compat/libkqueue/include
-I../compat/libpthread_workqueue/include -MT dispatch_cf_main.o -MD -MP
-MF .deps/dispatch_cf_main.Tpo -c -o dispatch_cf_main.o dispatch_cf_main.c
dispatch_cf_main.c:38:3: warning: implicit declaration of function
       'CFRunLoopPerformBlock' is invalid in C99
       [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
                 CFRunLoopPerformBlock(CFRunLoopGetMain(), ...
                 ^
dispatch_cf_main.c:38:25: warning: implicit declaration of function
       'CFRunLoopGetMain' is invalid in C99
[-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
                 CFRunLoopPerformBlock(CFRunLoopGetMain(), ...
                                       ^
(Continue reading)

Brent Fulgham | 1 Sep 05:44 2011
Picon

Re: CFLite packages for Linux

Hi Mark,

On Aug 31, 2011, at 7:55 PM, Mark Heily wrote:

> Since there are some libdispatch tests that rely on CoreFoundation, I've ported CFLite to Debian Linux
and released the unofficial binary and source packages here:

>    http://mark.heily.com/project/CFLite
>
> I'm not able to run the tests yet because CFLite does not provide some of the necessary functions that
libdispatch needs [1]. These functions are in CFRunLoop.c which is not built by default. I'll add it to the
build and see what happens.

I sure hope you were using our OpenCFLite stuff (http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencflite/), which
tries to stay in sync with the Apple releases (though I haven't updated to 10.7 yet).

If not, I'll try to diff against your changes tomorrow and sync up the main repository.

(It sure would be nice if this could be hosted on the MacOSForge!)

-Brent
Mark Heily | 3 Sep 22:05 2011

On Aug 31, 2011, at 11:44 PM, Brent Fulgham wrote:

> I sure hope you were using our OpenCFLite stuff (http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencflite/),
which tries to stay in sync with the Apple releases (though I haven't updated to 10.7 yet).

Hi Brent,

 I used the Lion source code drop from Apple, with a few trivial patches. I see you have done some work to port
CFRunLoop.c to Linux, and that is something I'll take a closer look at.  Let me know when you get the updated
version, and I'll give it a try.

> (It sure would be nice if this could be hosted on the MacOSForge!)

Agreed, this would be a good candidate for an open source project and having it on Mac OS Forge would be a
logical place for people to contribute patches back to Apple.

Regards,

 Mark

Gmane