Tim Cupery | 7 Jan 14:57 2010
Picon

exception error; can't copy SMS messages from LG enV3 (VX9200)

Problem: exception error when transferring SMS messages (copied below)

Phone: LG enV3 (model VX9200)

BitPim: version 1.07, downloaded from sourceforge linked through BitPim.org

OS: WinXP Pro (SP3)

cable: came with the phone, dual-use for charging with AC adapter and
for data transfer, and it works fine for both

Exception error that I am forwarding to you. Transferring other things
(calendar, contacts, wallpaper, ringtones, memos) works fine; only SMS
fails.
I have replicated the same error on both computers I've tried, both
runnings WinXP Pro (SP3). The LG driver (version 4.9.4) is installed on
both computers, and BitPim recognizes my phone correctly (and
automatically) on both machines. I've tried manually changing the phone
settings to enV2 (LG VX9100), but the same error results.

The only things that differ between the reports from either computer are
the exact character strings for "gui.Callback instance", "gui.Request
instance", "wxDialog *", "phones.com_lgvx9200.Phone object", and various
locations and objects of that sort.

POSSIBLE CAUSES (entirely hypothetical on my part)
- Verizon recently updated the software on my phone from version 3 to
version 6 (quoting the tech person at the Verizon store here), and
presumably the phone was initially tested with BitPim using version 3 of
(Continue reading)

Robert L. Miers, PE | 7 Jan 17:06 2010
Picon

Re: exception error; can't copy SMS messages from LG enV3 (VX9200)

Tim

Looks like you are having a similar problem as my problem.
I was attempting to setup BitPim on my friends Vista machine.  He has a
XV10000 phone.
Once Vista found the LG software and installed it, BitPim connected to the
phone.  However, when I attempted to download the current info into BitPim,
I got an exception during the phonebook copy.  When I looked at the created
report, it appears that the problem is near the 61 & 62 record.  (I've
determined that LG apparently keeps the records in inserted order).  If I
knew what actual record was causing the problem, I could delete it.  Alas, I
don't know how do that.  Do you have any ideas?

I installed version 1.06
My generated bug report file:
BitPim Trouble Report
Tue Jan 05 09:20:28 2010
BitPim Version: 1.0.6 - official
Platorm: Microsoft-Windows-32bit-WindowsPE, Architecture: 32bit WindowsPE,
Dist:
Phone Model: LG-VX10000
Name: xxxeditedxxx
email: xxxeditedxxx
generated when dlownloading phonebook only.

Exception:
BitPim version: 1.0.6-official
An unexpected exception has occurred.
Please see the help for details on what to do.
(Continue reading)

Mark Condic | 7 Jan 17:19 2010

Re: exception error; can't copy SMS messages from LG enV3 (VX9200)

The bug report that I submitted earlier is also from the phone --> bitpim

My fails on entry 257.  I think it is an index that is out of
bounds.  It has failed on both firmware version 03 and version 06.

Thanks

There are several hundred people on this list.  Please be
courteous, on topic and follow the instructions before posting
http://www.bitpim.org/help/support.htm

Joe Pham | 11 Jan 21:55 2010

Re: exception error; can't copy SMS messages from LG enV 3 (VX9200)

>SMS transfer does not work and always encounters the Exception error
>that I am forwarding to you.

As you suspected, one of your SMS entries caused BitPim to crash, I'll update BitPim to log the message and go
on, thus allow you to proceed.

-Joe Pham

There are several hundred people on this list.  Please be
courteous, on topic and follow the instructions before posting
http://www.bitpim.org/help/support.htm

drcollins67 | 28 Feb 22:37 2010
Picon

Re: exception error; can't copy SMS messages from LG enV3 (VX9200)

I am having the same error with my LG enV3.  I can transfer everything except
for the SMS messages.  I can get the contacts, call lists, etc.
Unfortunately, what I'd really like is my text messages.  Any word on this?

Doug Collins

Tim Cupery wrote:

> Problem: exception error when transferring SMS messages (copied below)
>
> Phone: LG enV3 (model VX9200)
>
> BitPim: version 1.07, downloaded from sourceforge linked through
> BitPim.org
>
> OS: WinXP Pro (SP3)
>
> cable: came with the phone, dual-use for charging with AC adapter and
> for data transfer, and it works fine for both

> Exception error that I am forwarding to you. Transferring other things
> (calendar, contacts, wallpaper, ringtones, memos) works fine; only SMS
> fails.
> I have replicated the same error on both computers I've tried, both
> runnings WinXP Pro (SP3). The LG driver (version 4.9.4) is installed on
> both computers, and BitPim recognizes my phone correctly (and
> automatically) on both machines. I've tried manually changing the phone
> settings to enV2 (LG VX9100), but the same error results.
(Continue reading)

sanfoja | 19 Nov 23:25 2010
Picon

Re: exception error; can't copy SMS messages from LG enV3 (VX9200)

I am having the same problem, did you ever get any resolution???

Thanks much!
Joe

I am having the same error with my LG enV3.  I can transfer everything
except for the SMS messages.  I can get the contacts, call lists, etc.
Unfortunately, what I'd really like is my text messages.  Any word on this?

Doug Collins

There are several hundred people on this list.  Please be
courteous, on topic and follow the instructions before posting
http://www.bitpim.org/help/support.htm
(Continue reading)

drcollins67 | 21 Nov 20:28 2010
Picon

Re: exception error; can't copy SMS messages from LG enV3 (VX9200)

No, I never did.

I wanted the text messages for a research project so I just hand copied them
to a file, a real pain to be sure.  I'll keep watching just in case...
Doug