Tarkus | 1 Jun 23:54 2012

Re: Download the Windows 8 Release Preview here |

On 5/31/2012 7:44 PM, David wrote:
> <http://www.windows8update.com/2012/05/31/download-the-windows-8-release-preview-here/>
>
> Speaking of Windows 8

Still has Aero glass, color mixing and color intensity controls --
things rumored to be gone in the RP version.
Sailfish | 2 Jun 00:07 2012

Re: Download the Windows 8 Release Preview here |

My bloviated meandering follows what Tarkus graced us with on 6/1/2012
2:54 PM:
> On 5/31/2012 7:44 PM, David wrote:
>> <http://www.windows8update.com/2012/05/31/download-the-windows-8-release-preview-here/>
>>

>> Speaking of Windows 8
>
> Still has Aero glass, color mixing and color intensity controls --
> things rumored to be gone in the RP version.

Microsoft has deferred dropping it until RTM release, from what I read.

Also, I have both Consumer Preview (CP) and Release Preview (RP) running
as Guests in VirtualBox (configured exactly the same way, disk space,
ram, &c) and RP is really dog slow now. Not only that, but it threw up
some cryptic error message when I tried to select a desktop background
when hung the system. After a reboot, I can get into User Accounts but
am unable to delete the corrupted User Account. This has gotten
demonstrably worse since CP in my opinion.

Ugh!

btw, I reinstalled it and that hasn't fixed its new sluggishness.

Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Netscape/Mozilla Tips: http://www.ufaq.org/ , http://ilias.ca/
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/
(Continue reading)

Sailfish | 2 Jun 01:42 2012

Re: Download the Windows 8 Release Preview here |

My bloviated meandering follows what Sailfish graced us with on 6/1/2012
3:07 PM:
> My bloviated meandering follows what Tarkus graced us with on 6/1/2012
> 2:54 PM:
>> On 5/31/2012 7:44 PM, David wrote:
>>> <http://www.windows8update.com/2012/05/31/download-the-windows-8-release-preview-here/>
>>>

>>> Speaking of Windows 8
>>
>> Still has Aero glass, color mixing and color intensity controls --
>> things rumored to be gone in the RP version.
>
> Microsoft has deferred dropping it until RTM release, from what I read.
>
> Also, I have both Consumer Preview (CP) and Release Preview (RP) running
> as Guests in VirtualBox (configured exactly the same way, disk space,
> ram, &c) and RP is really dog slow now. Not only that, but it threw up
> some cryptic error message when I tried to select a desktop background
> when hung the system. After a reboot, I can get into User Accounts but
> am unable to delete the corrupted User Account. This has gotten
> demonstrably worse since CP in my opinion.
>
> Ugh!
>
> btw, I reinstalled it and that hasn't fixed its new sluggishness.

Okay, doubling the amount of RAM over what I used for CP seems to have
reduced RP's sluggishness.

(Continue reading)

David | 2 Jun 03:24 2012
Picon

On 6/1/2012 7:42 PM, Sailfish wrote:
> My bloviated meandering follows what Sailfish graced us with on 6/1/2012
> 3:07 PM:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what Tarkus graced us with on 6/1/2012
>> 2:54 PM:

>>> Still has Aero glass, color mixing and color intensity controls --
>>> things rumored to be gone in the RP version.
>>
>> Microsoft has deferred dropping it until RTM release, from what I read.
>>
>> Also, I have both Consumer Preview (CP) and Release Preview (RP)
>> running as Guests in VirtualBox (configured exactly the same way, disk
>> space, ram, &c) and RP is really dog slow now. Not only that, but it
>> threw up some cryptic error message when I tried to select a desktop
>> background when hung the system. After a reboot, I can get into User
>> Accounts but am unable to delete the corrupted User Account. This has
>> gotten demonstrably worse since CP in my opinion.
>>
>> Ugh!
>>
>> btw, I reinstalled it and that hasn't fixed its new sluggishness.
>>
> Okay, doubling the amount of RAM over what I used for CP seems to have
> reduced RP's sluggishness.
(Continue reading)

rebro | 2 Jun 11:48 2012

Am 02.06.2012 00:07, schrieb Sailfish:
> My bloviated meandering follows what Tarkus graced us with on 6/1/2012
> 2:54 PM:
>> On 5/31/2012 7:44 PM, David wrote:
>>> <http://www.windows8update.com/2012/05/31/download-the-windows-8-release-preview-here/>
>>>

>>> Speaking of Windows 8
>>
>> Still has Aero glass, color mixing and color intensity controls --
>> things rumored to be gone in the RP version.
>
> Microsoft has deferred dropping it until RTM release, from what I read.
>
> Also, I have both Consumer Preview (CP) and Release Preview (RP) running
> as Guests in VirtualBox (configured exactly the same way, disk space,
> ram, &c) and RP is really dog slow now. Not only that, but it threw up
> some cryptic error message when I tried to select a desktop background
> when hung the system. After a reboot, I can get into User Accounts but
> am unable to delete the corrupted User Account. This has gotten
> demonstrably worse since CP in my opinion.
>
> Ugh!
>
> btw, I reinstalled it and that hasn't fixed its new sluggishness.

Lucky you!
Virtualizing Win8_RP causes more disturbing irritations in my case:

(Continue reading)

Tarkus | 5 Jun 03:23 2012

On 6/1/2012 3:07 PM, Sailfish wrote:
> My bloviated meandering follows what Tarkus graced us with on 6/1/2012
> 2:54 PM:
>> On 5/31/2012 7:44 PM, David wrote:
>>> <http://www.windows8update.com/2012/05/31/download-the-windows-8-release-preview-here/>
>>>
>>> Speaking of Windows 8
>>
>> Still has Aero glass, color mixing and color intensity controls --
>> things rumored to be gone in the RP version.
>
> Microsoft has deferred dropping it until RTM release, from what I read.

So I've heard.  Apparently they want a desktop interface that's not such
a shocking departure from Metro, so the two blend together better.  We
shall see.

> Also, I have both Consumer Preview (CP) and Release Preview (RP) running
> as Guests in VirtualBox (configured exactly the same way, disk space,
> ram, &c) and RP is really dog slow now. Not only that, but it threw up
> some cryptic error message when I tried to select a desktop background
> when hung the system. After a reboot, I can get into User Accounts but
> am unable to delete the corrupted User Account. This has gotten
> demonstrably worse since CP in my opinion.
>
> Ugh!
>
> btw, I reinstalled it and that hasn't fixed its new sluggishness.

Haven't noticed anything like that on my two laptops (main OS on both).
(Continue reading)

Sailfish | 5 Jun 08:24 2012

Re: Download the Windows 8 Release Preview here |

My bloviated meandering follows what Tarkus graced us with on 6/4/2012
6:23 PM: