scostas | 6 Jul 10:46 2006
Picon

error: cannot infer pts...

Hi all:

I've been sucessfully creating DVDs with dvdauthor for a while, but
yesterday I received this error:

ERR:  Cannot infer pts for VOBU if there is no audio or video and it is the
ERR:  first VOBU.

DVDAuthor started to create de DVD structure, and at the half of the
MPEG file, it shown that error :?

I tried again to create the DVD but the error persisted, exactly at the
same point.

The original DVD structure had 18 MPEG files, and it failed at the
fourth file. I tried with the fifth and beyond and it worked; I tried
with the first three and worked too. I tried only with the fourth and it
failed again at the same point.

I searched in google, but only found that error in a russian page (and
cyrillic is really complex to me O:)

What does it mean? Is a bug in DVDAuthor or in Mencoder (I used Mencoder
to create de MPEG file). If I can't fix it, is there a workaround?

The MPEG file plays fine with MPlayer...

Thanks in advance.

Nico Sabbi | 6 Jul 10:56 2006
Picon

Re: error: cannot infer pts...

scostas wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> I've been sucessfully creating DVDs with dvdauthor for a while, but
> yesterday I received this error:
>
> ERR:  Cannot infer pts for VOBU if there is no audio or video and it is the
> ERR:  first VOBU.
>
> DVDAuthor started to create de DVD structure, and at the half of the
> MPEG file, it shown that error :?
>
> I tried again to create the DVD but the error persisted, exactly at the
> same point.
>
> The original DVD structure had 18 MPEG files, and it failed at the
> fourth file. I tried with the fifth and beyond and it worked; I tried
> with the first three and worked too. I tried only with the fourth and it
> failed again at the same point.
>
> I searched in google, but only found that error in a russian page (and
> cyrillic is really complex to me O:)
>
> What does it mean? Is a bug in DVDAuthor or in Mencoder (I used Mencoder
> to create de MPEG file). If I can't fix it, is there a workaround?

make sure you are using mencoder from svn, or at least 1.0pre8m, where
many bugs are fixed.
(Continue reading)

scostas | 7 Jul 10:15 2006
Picon

Re: error: cannot infer pts...

Nico Sabbi wrote:

Hi Nico:

> make sure you are using mencoder from svn, or at least 1.0pre8m, where
> many bugs are fixed.

Yes, that was the problem. I thought I was using 1.0pre8, but Ubuntu
"updated" it to the old pre7.

Sorry.