bytor99999 | 7 Sep 01:55 2012
Picon

Can't install any plugins. Installed on Mac Snow Leopard via MacPorts.

So I installed RabbitMQ via Macports and it installed perfectly, the server runs. However, when I try to enable plugins like the management plugin, the command in the documentation doesn't work. There is no..

rabbitmq-plugins enable rabbitmq_management

command for me to run. These are the results.

new-host-4:/ bytor99999$ rabbitmq-plugins enable rabbitmq_management
-bash: rabbitmq-plugins: command not found

I also have issues finding where it was actually installed. Couldn't find any config files. I did find the log files.

Thanks

Mark
Emile Joubert | 7 Sep 11:43 2012

Re: Can't install any plugins. Installed on Mac Snow Leopard via MacPorts.

Hi,

On 07/09/12 00:55, bytor99999 wrote:
> new-host-4:/ bytor99999$ rabbitmq-plugins enable rabbitmq_management
> -bash: rabbitmq-plugins: command not found

On my installation the command is located in /opt/local/sbin. Is this
directory on your $PATH?

-Emile

bytor99999 | 8 Sep 06:35 2012
Picon

Re: Can't install any plugins. Installed on Mac Snow Leopard via MacPorts.

I think it was two parts. First I installed using MacPorts which installed version 2.7.1, not the latest 2.8.6

So I uninstalled via MacPorts and reinstalled through downloading the 2.8.6 tar.gz file, unzipping it and running it from the script. And there I found the rabbitmq-plugins script and was able to add and see the management console.

Thanks

Mark

So I installed RabbitMQ via Macports and it installed perfectly, the server runs. However, when I try to enable plugins like the management plugin, the command in the documentation doesn't work. There is no..

rabbitmq-plugins enable rabbitmq_management

command for me to run. These are the results.

new-host-4:/ bytor99999$ rabbitmq-plugins enable rabbitmq_management
-bash: rabbitmq-plugins: command not found

I also have issues finding where it was actually installed. Couldn't find any config files. I did find the log files.

Thanks

Mark
Steve Powell | 10 Sep 18:23 2012

Re: Can't install any plugins. Installed on Mac Snow Leopard via MacPorts.

Hi Mark,
If you are running with the latest MacPorts you should be getting version 2.8.5 at least.  Have you issued  sudo port selfupdate recently?

Macports installs the source (and compiles it) in its own generated areas (so as to keep version clashes to a minimum) and puts links to the executables in the /opt/local/bin directory. Macports should have updated your path (and your profile) to include both ../bin and ../sbin (and put a note in the profile to say what it has done).

sudo port selfupdate will ensure you are running with the latest version of Macports and have the latest indexes.  Uninstall rabbitmq-server first (you don't want two versions running simultaneously).

If you have the latest version then rabbitmq-plugins ought to be available as a command.

If you install the stand-alone version of rabbitmq-server (with plugins) -- which should work under Mac -- then the PATH is not modified, and the commands are in the bin subdirectory of the install directory.  Please read http://www.rabbitmq.com/install-generic-unix.html for information about the locations of files in this case.

Steve Powell  (a part-time bunny)
----------yet more definitions from the SPD----------
corrugate (n.) T.V. soap scandal.
olympic (n.) A camp road-digger.
jamboree (n.) A conserve made from French cheese.