Lukas Feiler | 2 Oct 07:08 2007

RE: license clarify of package HTMLSax3

Hi,

Frank Habermann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> their are some license problems with HTMLSax3.
>
> The header of the source contains following:
> "This source file is subject to version 2.02 of the PHP
> license, that is
> bundled with this package in the file LICENSE, and is
> available at through
> the world-wide-web at http://www.php.net/license/3_0.txt."
>
> So is this package licensed under Version 2.02 or Version 3?

This should really be fixed ASAP. This puts HTMLSax3 in a real legal limbo!

§ 4 PHP License v2.20 states that "[y]ou [the licensee] may also choose to
use such covered
code under the terms of any subsequent version of the license published by
the PHP Group."

As a licensee it is therefore the safest to assume that you were granted a
license according to PHP License v3.0.
(if it was v3.0, fine; if it was v2.02, you opted for v3.0 according to § 4
v2.20)

(Continue reading)

Frank Habermann | 2 Oct 23:43 2007
Picon

Re: license clarify of package HTMLSax3

Hi,

> This should really be fixed ASAP. This puts HTMLSax3 in a real legal limbo!

Who can fix this if H.Fuecks is not available? The package seams to be
dead.since 3 years.

Thanks.
Frank Habermann

Lukas Kahwe Smith | 2 Oct 23:43 2007

Frank Habermann wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> This should really be fixed ASAP. This puts HTMLSax3 in a real legal limbo!
>
> Who can fix this if H.Fuecks is not available? The package seams to be
> dead.since 3 years.

I can talk to Harry next week (or have someone else talk to him about it).

regards,
Lukas

Frank Habermann | 2 Oct 23:49 2007
Picon

Re: license clarify of package HTMLSax3

> I can talk to Harry next week (or have someone else talk to him about it).

That would be great! I will wait for your answer.

Frank