Daniel O'Connor | 30 Dec 07:24 2011
Picon

Stability of PEAR - call to arms

Hi all,
We've got
116 packages with passing tests.
135 with assorted failures.

http://test.pear.php.net:8080/ shows the current status. If you have github
credentials and are part of the PEAR organisation, you can update config,
trigger builds, etc.

There are a few broad categories of problems & fixes:

   1. A stable, PHP4 package has E_STRICT or similar failures. The most
   common fix is to specify `-d error_reporting=30719` for the phpunit
   command, if removing such behaviour would be a BC break
   2. An unstable PHP4 package has E_STRICT/similar failures. Upgrade to
   PHP 5.0.0+.
   3. assertType or tests not named in a way PHPUnit 3.6 understands -
   s/assertType/assertInternalType/ and rename affected tests.

There's more actual legitimate failures; but if you wanted to help the QA
team stabilise PEAR, here's where to start.

Thanks to Daniel C. we're 50% of the way there.
Martin Jansen | 30 Dec 08:42 2011
Picon

Re: Stability of PEAR - call to arms

On 30.12.11 07:24, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> We've got
> 116 packages with passing tests.
> 135 with assorted failures.
> 
> http://test.pear.php.net:8080/ shows the current status. If you have github
> credentials and are part of the PEAR organisation, you can update config,
> trigger builds, etc.

http://test.pear.php.net:8080/job/Text_Password/8/console indicates that
PHPUnit/Framework.php is missing. What is the suggested way to load
PHPUnit in the CI infrastructure?

Also I'd like to move Text_Password to GitHub. Is this process
documented somewhere?

- Martin

--

-- 
PEAR Development Mailing List (http://pear.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Martin Jansen | 30 Dec 08:53 2011
Picon

Re: Stability of PEAR - call to arms

On 30.12.11 08:42, Martin Jansen wrote:
> On 30.12.11 07:24, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
>> We've got
>> 116 packages with passing tests.
>> 135 with assorted failures.
>>
>> http://test.pear.php.net:8080/ shows the current status. If you have github
>> credentials and are part of the PEAR organisation, you can update config,
>> trigger builds, etc.
> 
> http://test.pear.php.net:8080/job/Text_Password/8/console indicates that
> PHPUnit/Framework.php is missing. What is the suggested way to load
> PHPUnit in the CI infrastructure?

Never mind, I figured that one out.

- Martin

--

-- 
PEAR Development Mailing List (http://pear.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Daniel O'Connor | 31 Dec 04:50 2011
Picon

Re: Stability of PEAR - call to arms

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 6:12 PM, Martin Jansen <martin <at> divbyzero.net> wrote:

> On 30.12.11 07:24, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> > We've got
> > 116 packages with passing tests.
> > 135 with assorted failures.
> >
> > http://test.pear.php.net:8080/ shows the current status. If you have
> github
> > credentials and are part of the PEAR organisation, you can update config,
> > trigger builds, etc.
>
> http://test.pear.php.net:8080/job/Text_Password/8/console indicates that
> PHPUnit/Framework.php is missing. What is the suggested way to load
> PHPUnit in the CI infrastructure?
>
> Also I'd like to move Text_Password to GitHub. Is this process
> documented somewhere?
>
> It's pretty straight forward.
Clone https://github.com/pear/pear-svn-git
./1-from-svn Text_Password
... and follow the steps from there.

Be warned, it doesn't preserve tags/branches as it uses git svn.
Martin Jansen | 30 Dec 22:10 2011
Picon

Re: Stability of PEAR - call to arms

On 30.12.11 07:24, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> http://test.pear.php.net:8080/ shows the current status. If you have github
> credentials and are part of the PEAR organisation, you can update config,
> trigger builds, etc.

I logged in via GitHub and now I get

"mj is missing the Read permission"

when accessing http://test.pear.php.net:8080/job/Text_Password/. Can you
do something about that?

- Martin

--

-- 
PEAR Development Mailing List (http://pear.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Daniel O'Connor | 31 Dec 04:47 2011
Picon

Re: Stability of PEAR - call to arms

>
>
> I logged in via GitHub and now I get
>
> "mj is missing the Read permission"
>
> when accessing http://test.pear.php.net:8080/job/Text_Password/. Can you
> do something about that?
>
> I'll take a look.
Daniel O'Connor | 31 Dec 04:51 2011
Picon

Re: Stability of PEAR - call to arms

On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 2:17 PM, Daniel O'Connor
<daniel.oconnor <at> gmail.com>wrote:

>
>> I logged in via GitHub and now I get
>>
>> "mj is missing the Read permission"
>>
>> when accessing http://test.pear.php.net:8080/job/Text_Password/. Can you
>> do something about that?
>>
>> I'll take a look.
>
> Want to have another shot?
I just made your membership to pear in github 'public' - perhaps that's the
cause.
Martin Jansen | 2 Jan 14:10 2012
Picon

Re: Stability of PEAR - call to arms

On 31.12.11 04:51, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 2:17 PM, Daniel O'Connor
> <daniel.oconnor <at> gmail.com>wrote:
> 
>>> I logged in via GitHub and now I get
>>>
>>> "mj is missing the Read permission"
>>
>> Want to have another shot?
> I just made your membership to pear in github 'public' - perhaps that's the
> cause.

That did the trick.

- Martin

--

-- 
PEAR Development Mailing List (http://pear.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Jesus M. Castagnetto | 2 Jan 06:44 2012

Re: Stability of PEAR - call to arms

Got a github account (jmcastagnetto), moved most all my packages and more
to github several months ago (including history, etc.).

Not part of the PEAR org in github still.

Cheers

--
Jesus M. Castagnetto <jesus <at> castagnetto.com>
Web: http://www.castagnetto.com/

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 01:24, Daniel O'Connor <daniel.oconnor <at> gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
> We've got
> 116 packages with passing tests.
> 135 with assorted failures.
>
> http://test.pear.php.net:8080/ shows the current status. If you have
> github
> credentials and are part of the PEAR organisation, you can update config,
> trigger builds, etc.
>
> There are a few broad categories of problems & fixes:
>
>   1. A stable, PHP4 package has E_STRICT or similar failures. The most
>   common fix is to specify `-d error_reporting=30719` for the phpunit
>   command, if removing such behaviour would be a BC break
>   2. An unstable PHP4 package has E_STRICT/similar failures. Upgrade to
>   PHP 5.0.0+.
(Continue reading)

Daniel O'Connor | 3 Jan 04:50 2012
Picon

Re: Stability of PEAR - call to arms

Added your account.

So - I've probably stuffed up a bit here - a lot of the packages you've
migrated... got migrated as they were unmaintained. On top of that, where
they were not yet stable, I've done a bit of work on shifting to PHP5.

IE:
https://github.com/pear/Math_Complex/commits/master
https://github.com/pear/Math_Integer
and a few others.

Do you want to take a look, and if there's stuff that should be in there
from yours, flick me a comment or pull request?

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 4:14 PM, Jesus M. Castagnetto
<jesus <at> castagnetto.com>wrote:

> Got a github account (jmcastagnetto), moved most all my packages and more
> to github several months ago (including history, etc.).
>
> Not part of the PEAR org in github still.
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> Jesus M. Castagnetto <jesus <at> castagnetto.com>
> Web: http://www.castagnetto.com/
>
>
> On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 01:24, Daniel O'Connor <daniel.oconnor <at> gmail.com>wrote:
(Continue reading)

Jesus M. Castagnetto | 10 Jan 00:35 2012

Re: Stability of PEAR - call to arms

Yep I saw them. Will give them a look, and send you pull requests as
needed. This week I will be busy with some classes I need to give, so I
will start doing some diffs, etc.

You are right, as many were not officially "stable" (tho' in practice all
have not had bugs, except for PHP5 compatibilities, for years), then it
should not be a problem to start preparing them for PHP 5 and forward
compatibility, without needing to do a XYZ2 version.

Cheers.

--
Jesus M. Castagnetto <jesus <at> castagnetto.com>
Web: http://www.castagnetto.com/

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 22:50, Daniel O'Connor <daniel.oconnor <at> gmail.com>wrote:

> Added your account.
>
>
> So - I've probably stuffed up a bit here - a lot of the packages you've
> migrated... got migrated as they were unmaintained. On top of that, where
> they were not yet stable, I've done a bit of work on shifting to PHP5.
>
> IE:
> https://github.com/pear/Math_Complex/commits/master
> https://github.com/pear/Math_Integer
> and a few others.
>
> Do you want to take a look, and if there's stuff that should be in there
(Continue reading)

Christian Weiske | 16 Jan 13:17 2012
Picon

Re: Stability of PEAR - call to arms

Hello Daniel,

> 116 packages with passing tests.
> 135 with assorted failures.
>
>    2. An unstable PHP4 package has E_STRICT/similar failures. Upgrade
> to PHP 5.0.0+.

Text_LanguageDetect has been converted to PHP5 now, a new feature
implemented and version 0.3.0 is released. Make that one less failing.

--

-- 
Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian Weiske

-=≡ Geeking around in the name of science since 1982 ≡=-

Gmane