Lisandro Dalcin | 1 Oct 23:05 2010
Picon

Re: [Cython] cython compiler crash

On 1 October 2010 18:00, Vineet Jain <vinjvinj@...> wrote:
> Problem was a typo:
>
> cdef np.ndarray[np, ndim=1] outreal = numpy.zeros_like(inreal)
>
> should have been:
>
> cdef np.ndarray[np.float_t, ndim=1] outreal = numpy.zeros_like(inreal)
>
> Which caused the compiler to crash.

OK, now all is clear. Anyway, Cython should not crash. We should fix this.

Lisandro Dalcin
---------------
CIMEC (INTEC/CONICET-UNL)
Predio CONICET-Santa Fe
Colectora RN 168 Km 472, Paraje El Pozo
Tel: +54-342-4511594 (ext 1011)
Tel/Fax: +54-342-4511169
Robert Bradshaw | 3 Oct 08:51 2010

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 2:05 PM, Lisandro Dalcin <dalcinl@...> wrote:
> On 1 October 2010 18:00, Vineet Jain <vinjvinj@...> wrote:
>> Problem was a typo:
>>
>> cdef np.ndarray[np, ndim=1] outreal = numpy.zeros_like(inreal)
>>
>> should have been:
>>
>> cdef np.ndarray[np.float_t, ndim=1] outreal = numpy.zeros_like(inreal)
>>
>> Which caused the compiler to crash.
>>

> OK, now all is clear. Anyway, Cython should not crash. We should fix this.

Fixed. http://trac.cython.org/cython_trac/ticket/579

When trying to write a test case, I noticed that buffers are not very
good at continuing once they hit an error... This should be improved.

- Robert

Gmane