Stefan Behnel | 5 Feb 20:08 2011
Picon

[Cython] We missed a crash bug in 0.14.1

Hi,

sadly, we missed the opportunity to fix a crash bug in 0.14.1. It's been
there for ages, so it's not a regression, but the recent runs of the Py2.6
regression tests should have been red enough to tell us that it was there...

http://trac.cython.org/cython_trac/ticket/658

Basically, when you put "*args" or "**kwargs" into a closure, and anything
bad happens during argument unpacking (such as an illegal argument type),
the closure fields will get DECREF-ed but not set back to 0, so that the
deallocation code crashes afterwards.

I don't think it's that uncommon to have args and kwargs in a closure, just
think of a generic wrapper function. I opened a milestone 0.14.2 because I
think this is worth fixing soon, maybe within a week or two, in case we
want to wait for other problems to turn up.

Stefan

Gmane