Mark Bakker | 12 Apr 15:35 2013
Picon

ipython notebook when I install canopy?

Hello EPD,

I just installed Canopy.
Looks really nice, but I want to run ipython notebook.

Will EPD continue to exist (and get updated) next to Canopy?
If not, is there an easy way to start the ipython notebook (one that doesn't require opening a terminal; my students really get lost doing that).

Thanks,

Mark

Didrik Pinte | 12 Apr 16:18 2013

Re: ipython notebook when I install canopy?

On 12 April 2013 15:35, Mark Bakker <markbak <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello EPD,
>
> I just installed Canopy.
> Looks really nice, but I want to run ipython notebook.
>
> Will EPD continue to exist (and get updated) next to Canopy?
> If not, is there an easy way to start the ipython notebook (one that doesn't
> require opening a terminal; my students really get lost doing that).

Quick answer:
Within Canopy, you can go to File-> New -> IPython Notebook and you
get the notebook running within Canopy.

-- Didrik
Jean-Baptiste Marquette | 12 Apr 16:23 2013
Picon

Re: ipython notebook when I install canopy?

Hi Didrik,

> On 12 April 2013 15:35, Mark Bakker <markbak <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello EPD,
>>
>> I just installed Canopy.
>> Looks really nice, but I want to run ipython notebook.
>>
>> Will EPD continue to exist (and get updated) next to Canopy?
>> If not, is there an easy way to start the ipython notebook (one that doesn't
>> require opening a terminal; my students really get lost doing that).
>
> Quick answer:
> Within Canopy, you can go to File-> New -> IPython Notebook and you
> get the notebook running within Canopy.

It is even not necessary to open Canopy. If your environment is properly set, the command

ipython notebook

within a terminal opens a window in your browser.

Cheers,
Jean-Baptiste
Mark Bakker | 12 Apr 20:28 2013
Picon

Re: ipython notebook when I install canopy?

Hmmm. Not on my Mac.
Under File, I only have the option New Editor Window (and Open, Open Recent, and Close).
Any other suggestions?
Mark

On 12 April 2013 15:35, Mark Bakker <markbak <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello EPD,
>
> I just installed Canopy.
> Looks really nice, but I want to run ipython notebook.
>
> Will EPD continue to exist (and get updated) next to Canopy?
> If not, is there an easy way to start the ipython notebook (one that doesn't
> require opening a terminal; my students really get lost doing that).

Quick answer:
Within Canopy, you can go to File-> New -> IPython Notebook and you
get the notebook running within Canopy.

-- Didrik

------------------------------

Message: 3
> On 12 April 2013 15:35, Mark Bakker <markbak <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello EPD,
>>
>> I just installed Canopy.
>> Looks really nice, but I want to run ipython notebook.
>>
>> Will EPD continue to exist (and get updated) next to Canopy?
>> If not, is there an easy way to start the ipython notebook (one that doesn't
>> require opening a terminal; my students really get lost doing that).
>
> Quick answer:
> Within Canopy, you can go to File-> New -> IPython Notebook and you
> get the notebook running within Canopy.

It is even not necessary to open Canopy. If your environment is properly set, the command

ipython notebook

within a terminal opens a window in your browser.

Cheers,
Jean-Baptiste

Message: 4