J Smithfield | 17 Jan 19:34 2011
Picon

FW: Entry of Non-European (Unicode or UTF-8) characters

From: jsmithfield <at> hotmail.co.uk
To: wiki <at> python.org
Subject: Entry of Non-European (Unicode or UTF-8) characters
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 18:26:36 +0000

.ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P {padding:0px;} .ExternalClass body.ecxhmmessage {font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;} Hi there.

I have difficulty entering directly non-European Unicode characters into Python 3.2's interpreter. When I do enter them, I get "????"; pastinf is OK though, but who wants to paste all the time?

I use Python 3 on Windows XP and Vista.

The same problem was experienced on other developement systems, but most have since corrected the problem: Python should not be the last to do so!

.ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P
{padding:0px;}
.ExternalClass body.ecxhmmessage
{font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}