Phil Rosenfield | 28 Jul 02:31 2010

contour's polygons

Hi,

I'm 6 months into learning python and haven't been able to find a way
to do this, so I hope you don't mind a basic question.

I'd like to use the polygons contour makes but I can't figure out how
to get them from ContourSet. Any examples or links to helpful
information would be excellent.

Thanks,
Phil

Phil Rosenfield
Graduate Student: UW Astronomy
Additional contact info:
http://www.astro.washington.edu/philrose

http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;226879339;13503038;l?
http://clk.atdmt.com/CRS/go/247765532/direct/01/
Eric Firing | 28 Jul 20:31 2010

Re: contour's polygons

On 07/27/2010 02:31 PM, Phil Rosenfield wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm 6 months into learning python and haven't been able to find a way
> to do this, so I hope you don't mind a basic question.
>
> I'd like to use the polygons contour makes but I can't figure out how
> to get them from ContourSet. Any examples or links to helpful
> information would be excellent.

They are buried.  Each contour set has a list of collections, and
each of those collections has a set of paths, and each of those paths
has a vertices attribute for its corresponding polygon.  In the
following we will pick out the first path of the first collection.

cs = contour(rand(6,6))
c = cs.collections[0]
p = c.get_paths()[0]
v = p.vertices

lev = cs.levels[0]

The levels attribute is a list of levels corresponding to the list of
collections: one collection per level.

Eric

> Thanks,
> Phil

(Continue reading)

Ian Thomas | 28 Jul 17:05 2010
Picon

Re: contour's polygons

I'd like to use the polygons contour makes but I can't figure out how
to get them from ContourSet. Any examples or links to helpful
information would be excellent.

Attached is an example of how to extract the polygons from a ContourSet.
Attachment (contour_polygons.py): text/x-python, 1957 bytes