Fernando Perez | 17 Feb 06:51 2011
Picon

Lots of strange spurious whitespace before images in html builds

Hi all,

I hadn't updated my sphinx in quite a while, but after a recent
rebuild of my website, I noticed that now, certain pages with images
in them have a massive amount of spurious vertical whitespace before
the image. This is one such example:

http://fperez.org/personal.html

As you can see from the reST sources:

http://fperez.org/_sources/personal.txt

the image is simply specified via the standard ..figure directive.
And I know for a fact that this page, in older builds (I can't tell
right now with what version) used to look fine, without all that
whitespace.

I've just checked with a fresh hg checkout and the problem does persist.

Any ideas?  Is it something I'm doing wrong on my side?

Fernando Perez | 22 Feb 22:43 2011
Picon

Re: Lots of strange spurious whitespace before images in html builds

Hi all,

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 9:51 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I hadn't updated my sphinx in quite a while, but after a recent
> rebuild of my website, I noticed that now, certain pages with images
> in them have a massive amount of spurious vertical whitespace before
> the image. This is one such example:
>
> http://fperez.org/personal.html
>
> As you can see from the reST sources:
>
> http://fperez.org/_sources/personal.txt
>
> the image is simply specified via the standard ..figure directive.
> And I know for a fact that this page, in older builds (I can't tell
> right now with what version) used to look fine, without all that
> whitespace.
>
> I've just checked with a fresh hg checkout and the problem does persist.
>
> Any ideas?  Is it something I'm doing wrong on my side?

As an added data point, I just discovered that the problem only occurs
if the image is centered.  So for now I've resorted to flush-left
images, but it would be nice to know if there's a solution from the
sphinx side for this to work with centered images (like it used to a
while back).