Kevin Walzer | 8 Jun 14:55 2011

Re: newbie request for help

On 6/8/11 8:29 AM, Kevin Buchs wrote:

> To get tkHyperlinkManager installed here is what I would recommend. If
> the command easy_install is not currently available, then you may be
> able to install the corresponding "distutils" module for Python using
> Fedora's package maintenance capability. Probably installing something
> like "Python distutils" should do the job. Once that is done then you
> should have the command easy_install. Then it is simply a matter of
> using this command line: easy_install tkHyperlinkManager. Depending on
> the OS setup, you may need to run that as su/sudo to have the
> permissions to write into the Python packages directories.

tkHyperlinkManager is just a single module at effbot's site. Just copy
the code and put it in site-packages.

--Kevin

Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin
http://www.codebykevin.com
Cameron Laird | 8 Jun 15:55 2011
Picon

Re: newbie request for help

On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 08:55:39AM -0400, Kevin Walzer wrote:
			.
			.
			.
> >To get tkHyperlinkManager installed here is what I would recommend. If
> >the command easy_install is not currently available, then you may be
> >able to install the corresponding "distutils" module for Python using
> >Fedora's package maintenance capability. Probably installing something
> >like "Python distutils" should do the job. Once that is done then you
> >should have the command easy_install. Then it is simply a matter of
> >using this command line: easy_install tkHyperlinkManager. Depending on
> >the OS setup, you may need to run that as su/sudo to have the
> >permissions to write into the Python packages directories.
>
> tkHyperlinkManager is just a single module at effbot's site. Just copy
> the code and put it in site-packages.
			.
			.
			.
Alessandro, do you understand what Kevin is saying?  This is
important:  *it's just source*, and in this case, brief and
simply-organized source.  Alessandro, make sure you look over

Gmane