David Marko | 18 Oct 13:26 2010
Picon

PyScripter is nice Python IDE for Windows ....

PyScripter seems to be alive again and releasing new versions.
http://code.google.com/p/pyscripter/

Its quite fast comparing to Eclipse+PyDEV.
David

cjrh | 18 Oct 15:18 2010
Picon

Re: PyScripter is nice Python IDE for Windows ....

On Oct 18, 1:26 pm, David Marko <dma...@...> wrote:
> PyScripter seems to be alive again and releasing new versions.http://code.google.com/p/pyscripter/

I've been using PyScripter ever since it was a demo app for the Python-
for-Delphi integration components.  The best Python editor on Windows,
even though I am a long-time Vim user.

DenesL | 19 Oct 02:37 2010
Picon

Re: PyScripter is nice Python IDE for Windows ....

Looks good. Thanks.
Any tips on using it with web2py?.

Denes.

On Oct 18, 9:18 am, cjrh <caleb.hatti...@...> wrote:
> On Oct 18, 1:26 pm, David Marko <dma...@...> wrote:
>
> > PyScripter seems to be alive again and releasing new versions.http://code.google.com/p/pyscripter/
>
> I've been using PyScripter ever since it was a demo app for the Python-
> for-Delphi integration components.  The best Python editor on Windows,
> even though I am a long-time Vim user.

cjrh | 19 Oct 08:06 2010

On Oct 19, 2:37 am, DenesL <denes1...@...> wrote:
> Looks good. Thanks.
> Any tips on using it with web2py?.

Not much.  Edit your files.   You get code-completion and method
argument "intellisense" for Python built-ins as well as your own code
in the same file.  As you edit, refresh your browser and the changes
happen immediately, because web2py is awesome.   The embedded
interpreter is useful for testing.   There are some project-management
capabilities, so you can work with multiple files easily.    You can
also switch between different python versions in the interpreter, e.g.
for testing whether syntax works properly in older versions.

Nothing too complicated, simple, fast, works.

DenesL | 19 Oct 14:26 2010
Picon

Re: PyScripter is nice Python IDE for Windows ....

Thank you cjrh.

What do you mean by "refresh your browser"?
aren't you using the pyscripter built-in editor?.

Have you used it to debug a running web2py app?.

Denes.

On Oct 19, 2:06 am, cjrh <caleb.hatti...@...> wrote:
> On Oct 19, 2:37 am, DenesL <denes1...@...> wrote:
>
> > Looks good. Thanks.
> > Any tips on using it with web2py?.
>
> Not much.  Edit your files.   You get code-completion and method
> argument "intellisense" for Python built-ins as well as your own code
> in the same file.  As you edit, refresh your browser and the changes
> happen immediately, because web2py is awesome.   The embedded
> interpreter is useful for testing.   There are some project-management
> capabilities, so you can work with multiple files easily.    You can
> also switch between different python versions in the interpreter, e.g.
> for testing whether syntax works properly in older versions.
>
> Nothing too complicated, simple, fast, works.

cjrh | 19 Oct 22:43 2010

On Oct 19, 2:26 pm, DenesL <denes1...@...> wrote:
> Have you used it to debug a running web2py app?.

No.  I tend to use print statements and look at what comes out in the
shell window.

Stef Mientki | 19 Oct 23:17 2010
Picon

Re: Re: PyScripter is nice Python IDE for Windows ....

 On 19-10-2010 22:43, cjrh wrote:
> On Oct 19, 2:26 pm, DenesL <denes1...@...> wrote:
>> Have you used it to debug a running web2py app?.
> No.  I tend to use print statements and look at what comes out in the
> shell window.
I used a few times,
I can only say it works,
but the problem I found is that a lot of errors are already captured by web2py.

The new PyScripter seems to have a nice feature, don't debug in certain files,
so it should be possible to ignore the web2py core files (if you want).

I think for debugging winpdb might be a better solution,
at least that's what I've chosen for web2py_cc ;-)

cheers,
Stef

Gmane